A video of how the Ghana Police Service retrieved items stolen by the suspected Volta secessionists has surfaced.
A company of policemen is seen marching through a pathway in a bush with a man suspected to be a member of the secessionist group to where he had buried the rifles.
The items including [at least] two rifles wrapped in a black plastic bag were dug out of the ground where they had been hidden.
The Ghana Police Service in September disclosed that it had retrieved some items including weapons and vehicles stolen by the secessionists.
This was after a simultaneous attack was launched by the group on two Police stations in Aveyime and Mepe.
So far 31 persons have been arrested in connection with the crime.
Subsequently, another group attacked the Ho STC yard and burnt two out of 11 buses parked in the yard.
The police have urged calm and have assured Ghanaians that they have the situation under control.
Meanwhile, government says secessionist groups and their activities will not be tolerated in the country despite suggestions to deal amicably with them.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
Muslims urged to support in raising funds for the vulnerable
Nsawam Adoagyiri MP donates 10 Pulse Oximeters to Nsawam government hospital
I will resign from Parliament if anyone proves that I promised to fix any road – Sam George
Ajax melt down Dutch title trophy to make 42,000 stars to give to fans
Virgil van Dijk rules himself out of Euro 2020
GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 24
Inflation returns to single digit of 8.5% in April 2021
Nursing aide gets 7 life terms for killing 7 elderly VA patients with insulin
Ghana to host African Swimming and Open Water championships
Chief breaks ground for multipurpose Nkawkaw Palace
Double whammy for Ghana in Old Mutual Amazing Voices
RTI Law is to empower citizens and to fight corruption – RTI Coalition
Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Victim recounts
Transgender Cameroonians jailed for 5 years