Veteran television hostess, Nana Adwoa Awindor has advised women to not see pregnancy as a hindrance to the pursuit of their desired careers.
Speaking about her work as a videographer for the then First Lady, Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings, Awindor said she continued to work hard even while she was eight months pregnant.
According to the ‘Greetings from Abroad’ hostess, it was upon the intervention of the former First Lady that she finally took a break to attend to her pregnancy and subsequent delivery.
“At a point in time, I was following Nana Konadu to do community engagements. I held my camera, and I was eight months pregnant.
“She went on tours to talk to women. One day, when we got to Atimpoku, she called me and said I was pregnant and I didn’t deny it.
“She told me it’s not normal and advised me to drop off. I was on camera shooting, and I was not lazing around. I had to be ahead of her all the time. There was no tripod, so you will always stand akimbo, and there was no time,” she narrated.
Nana Awindor, who was speaking on Adom TV’s Ahosepe Xtra, attributed her subsequent success and fame on TV to hard work.
“These things all happened while I was still making babies and I have two boys. So there is nothing you cannot do with pregnancy. You can still do your work. It doesn’t have to get scary. You can do it”, she said.
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- In pictures: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to go broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- Samuel Antwi beats Johnson Acquah to win the Translight Solar Tennis Super Cup
- Two sisters settling family feud on Big Chef
- Minority in Parliament pressures government to announce producer price of cocoa for 2022 season
- 25 killed as bus plunges into gorge in India
- Masloc begins training for its staff as nationwide digitisation rollout
- GFA launches Talent Identification and Development Programme
- Illegal miners torture suspected thieves on site
- Suicide is never an option – Funny Face
- #NoToGalamsey: The pledge to put my presidency on the line wasn’t bombast or recklessness – Akufo-Addo
- 2014 World Cup was problematic – Kwesi Nyantakyi
- Driving Schools Association to collaborate with MTTD to clamp down on unregistered drivers
- GOIL donates hospital beds to Asuom Health Centre in Eastern region
- Government not against mining but can’t accept ones that destroy our country – Akufo-Addo
- My government is yet to win galamsey fight – Akufo-Addo
- Global Citizen Festival was successful because of risks taken by organisers – Social Director