The newly-elected president of the Africa Paralympics Committee, Samson Deen has called on the Sports Minister to help promote Paralympics in the country as well as on the African continent.
Deen arrived in Ghana on Wednesday, November 3, 2021, at the Kotoka International Airport after his triumph in Rabat, Morocco.
Upon his visit to the Sports Ministry, the minister, Mustapha Ussif, reassured that the president, Nana Addo Dankwah Akufo-Addo is willing to provide the headquarters to support the administrative work of the sport in the continent. Adding to that, the minister also reiterated the willingness to deliver the first African Para Games.
Mustapha Ussif also promised that his ministry will provide the full support needed to make sure Ghana is seen as one of the best 10 countries in the world in regards to the sport.
According to Deen, the president has directed him to pay a visit for his congratulatory message upon his return from Glasgow.
He added that during his visit to the president, they will discuss the date for the handing over ceremony to be held in Ghana, which will see the International Paralympic Committee president Mr. Andrew Parsons and outgone president of the APC, Mr. Leonel Da Rocha Pinto, present to Ghana the presidential baton.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Akufo-Addo donates cash, food items towards funeral of late Yagbonwura
- 60% of doctors are in Accra and Kumasi – Health Ministry
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’