The retained MCE nominee for the Yendi Municipality, Alhaji Hamid Abubakari Zakaria has been rejected by Assembly Members. The Nominee secured 21 out of the 41 votes cast, representing 51 per cent.
Twenty Assembly Members voted against him while one person abstained. With the outcome, Alhaji Hamid Abubakari Zakaria qualifies for a second chance in the next ten days.
He is the first to be rejected as the region begins the confirmation of the MMDCE nominees.
The Northern Regional Minister, Shani Alhassan Saibu earlier in a speech revealed that four names were presented to the President after the vetting in May.
He said Alhaji Abdul Hamid Yussif was fortunate to be re-nominated as the MCE for Yendi.
The Minister praised the MCE nominee for his role in maintaining peace in Yendi and appealed to the Assembly Members to confirm him but that did not happen.
He assured the people that the Yendi water project and the Yendi road project will soon commence.
Meanwhile, in Gushegu, Assembly Members have voted 100% for the President’s nominee, Yaja Dawuni Robert. All 35 Assembly Members unanimously endorsed his nomination.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- ECG recovers GH¢18.5m out of GH¢46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Akufo-Addo’s promises have turned out to be scam – Asiedu Nketia
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Women 35 years and above are at higher risk of giving birth to babies with Down syndrome – Expert
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- Rapper Edem hints at contesting NDC parliamentary primaries
- Slut Boy Billy: a rap prodigy breaking norms, making strides
- Why the Tema Motorway is a death trap
- Peter Obi kicks off legal challenge to Nigeria election result
- Dr Akoto Osei’s death a shock to the whole nation – Speaker
- Gwyneth Paltrow expected to appear in court over ski crash case
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Davido is back with new album ‘Timeless’, set for March 31
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Female farmers less likely to leave crop residues to decompose – KNUST research
- Drivers in Kumasi speed on weekends – Research reveals
- Implement existing laws to protect consumer – CUTS urges regulators