The ultra-modern music recording studio in Aburi in the Eastern Region belonging to Rita Marley, wife of the late reggae music icon Bob Marley, has been gutted by fire.
The cause of the fire is unknown but sources close to Mrs Marley say it may have been caused by an electrical fault.
Fire service personnel from Akropong also in the Eastern Region were unsuccessful in putting out the inferno, necessitating reinforcement from the Madina Fire Station.
A close friend of Rita, Blakk Rasta, told Myjoyonline.com he had gone to the studio around 16:00 GMT Saturday and “there was no sign of an impending inferno.”
The multi-million-dollar studio – also the store house of most of Bob Marleys original tapes – was due for commissioning late last year but the event had to be postponed to allow Mrs Marley to attend to some personal issues in the USA, sources say.
The incident is perhaps one of the most tragic happenings to have rocked the reggae world as, according to sources, the studio was going to be one of the great symbols of the Rastafarian fraternity.
Meanwhile, Mrs Marley is said to be calm despite the incident while several scores of Rastafarians are said to have besieged the site to solidarise with her.
Story by Fiifi Koomson/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
- 8 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,334
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Doctor withdraws notice to leave health centre after Bawumia donated equipment and supplies
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
More apprentices write COTVET exams in Bono Region
Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
‘A spit in the face of football lovers’ – Uefa boss condemns European Super League plans
GRIDCo releases excess fibre capacity to CSquared for broadband distribution
Amansie West MP initiates responsible mining program
My call to duty is worship – Wendy asserts in new song
Government to switch off analogue signal soon as CDTCL takes off
Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
Government assures local creditors of AirtelTigo arrangement to settle debt owed company
NASA makes history by flying a helicopter on Mars for the first time
We possess the ingenuity to oversee our economic restoration – Ofori-Atta tells staff
Herrera and Ozil among players slamming European Super League
Namibia asks gay parents to prove link to children
Film producer Alfred Agyapong ready to inject $150k into film industry
7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize