The Minister for Roads and Highways has instituted a rapid response team to ensure that roads destroyed by floods across the country are repaired within 24 hours.
Mr. Kwasi Amoako-Attah revealed this on Monday, June 20, when he addressed the press at Jukwa in the Central Region.
He said his outfit is aware of many roads across the country that have been left in a deplorable state.
A situation he described as unfortunate. However, he said the Ministry has put in place a comprehensive plan to fix them.
“We’re having these challenges across the country. The government through the Ministry [of Roads and Highways] has put together a quick response team to deal with this type of situation and I want to assure not only the people of the Central Region, but the nation that we have a strong and formidable programme on the ground so that when such things happen, we will move in to restore the road depending on the degree and state of the road,” he said.
Many of the roads in the country have been affected by the recent floods.
One of such roads is the Twifo Praso to Cape Coast Road. It was cut off following a downpour in the area on Sunday, June 19.
Part of the 22-metre bridge caved in because the Surowi river had overflown its banks.
Meanwhile, the road has been repaired temporarily for use by motorists.
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Auctioning of vehicles at Tema Port to go online by end of October, 2022- GRA
- Ekow Blankson’s last video goes viral on social media
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to go broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- Government increases cocoa price by 21% to ¢800 a bag
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Suicide is never an option – Funny Face
- ‘Galamsey’ poses an existential threat to our future – Akufo-Addo
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- ‘May Allah deal with you appropriately’ – Kaaka’s family unhappy with prosecution’s delays
- Social media users impressed with Black Sherif’s ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Samira Bawumia addresses 2nd high-level meeting of WHO’s HEPA
- Golden Star and GIZ launch menstrual hygiene management campaign
- Zambia ex-Health Minister charged with $17m in corruption scandal
- Miss Rwanda organiser to be jailed 16 years for sexually abusing contestants
- E-Levy is slowing government’s digital agenda – Telecoms Chamber warns
- Burkina Faso’s coup leader assumes presidency
- Arrest all 3 men – Sonnie Badu tells police after man flogging toddler goes viral
- BoG partners key players in financial sector to address challenges
- Black Stars drop to 61st in latest FIFA/Coca-Cola World rankings
- We’re hopeful of securing IMF programme before end of 2022 – Ofori-Atta
- PETROSOL congratulated for tax compliance