Audio By Carbonatix
The Minister for Roads and Highways, Governs Kwame Agbodza, says less than 20 kilometres of clearing work remains on the Accra-Kumasi Expressway before the project reaches Kumasi.
Mr Agbodza said the project had made significant progress and was now only a short stretch away from connecting with the Kumasi Orbiter, also known as the Kumasi Ring Road.
“We have less than 20 kilometres. I’m sure we have maybe around 10, 15 kilometres to hit Kumasi itself,” he said on Friday, August 21, 2026.
The Minister said the progress would pave the way for the expressway to connect with key road infrastructure around Kumasi.
Contractor back on site
Mr Agbodza also announced that Kofi Job Construction Limited had returned to site and was making progress on the project.
“Since then, the contractor, Kofi Job, has returned to site and is doing very well,” he said.
He explained that the contractor was nearing completion of one section of the road before moving to the other side, expressing confidence that the remaining works would be completed.
Asantehene’s support
Mr Agbodza acknowledged the support and guidance of the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, on road infrastructure development in the Kumasi enclave.
He said the Asantehene had previously stressed the need to complete roads around the area to facilitate the operationalisation of the Sewua Hospital, which is expected to serve as a regional hospital for Kumasi.
The Minister also expressed appreciation to the Ghana Armed Forces for their support during the clearing exercise and thanked the Asantehene for his continued counsel and support for road development in the Ashanti Region.
Latest Stories
-
New PURC office symbolises stronger consumer protection – Dr Jinapor
32 minutes -
Rev. Wengam re-elected Assemblies of God, Ghana General Superintendent
33 minutes -
Less than 20km of clearing left to connect Accra-Kumasi Expressway to Kumasi – Agbodza
41 minutes -
US judge strikes down policy suspending immigrant visa processing for 75 nations
53 minutes -
MCEs collecting fees from galamseyers are facilitating illegality – Ken Ashigbey
56 minutes -
Developer LMI Holdings commits to completing first 700 Saglemi housing units
1 hour -
Africa’s next chapter will be built by institution-builders, not idea-havers
1 hour -
Wenchi Traditional Council suspends Twafohene indefinitely
2 hours -
Kpassa-Merimeri road undergoes filling and levelling works to improve accessibility
2 hours -
9 Blue Water Guards arrested over alleged bribery, impersonation
2 hours -
Wildlife guard shot dead during Kakum patrol
2 hours -
‘I reject them without qualification’ — Afenyo-Markin hits back over Sammy Gyamfi’s claims
3 hours -
GoldBod must appear before a parliamentary inquiry to answer for gold-trade losses — Appiagyei
3 hours -
GoldBod row: Afenyo-Markin threatens legal remedies over “defamatory” attacks
4 hours -
GH¢22bn gold loss: Afenyo-Markin pushes for full parliamentary inquiry
4 hours