Audio By Carbonatix
The Rolling Stones have warned US President Donald Trump that he could face legal action if he continues using their songs at his campaign rallies.
A statement from the band's legal team said it was working with the performing rights organisation, the BMI, to stop the unauthorised use of their music.
The Trump campaign used the song You Can't Always Get What You Want at last week's rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
The same song was used by the Trump campaign during the 2016 US election.
"The Rolling Stones do not endorse Donald Trump," the band tweeted in 2016.
In a statement released on Saturday, representatives for the group said that "further steps to exclude" Mr Trump from using Rolling Stones material in future presidential campaigning was necessary after previous "cease and desist directives" had been ignored.
The BMI has reportedly notified the Trump campaign on behalf of the Stones that the use of their songs without permission will constitute a breach of its licensing agreement, and would be subject to legal action.
In April, the Rolling Stones - fronted by 76-year-old singer Sir Mick Jagger - released their first new single in eight years, Living In A Ghost Town.
Earlier this month, the family of rock musician Tom Petty issued a cease and desist letter to the Trump campaign over the unauthorised use of his song I Won't Back Down at the Tulsa rally.
In a statement posted on Twitter, the family said that the late artist would "never want a song of his used for a campaign of hate".
— Tom Petty (@tompetty) June 21, 2020
Petty died in 2017 of an accidental drug overdose after taking painkillers, aged 66.
Campaigning will continue in the coming months as Mr Trump prepares to face Democratic Party nominee Joe Biden in November's presidential election.
Latest Stories
-
Health Ministry commends swift response to baby theft incident at Mamprobi Polyclinic
1 second -
President Mahama visits survivors of the Burkina Faso terrorist attacks on admission at 37 Military Hospital
1 minute -
Mpraeso MP Davis Ansah Opoku commends ACEPA’s Political Inclusion and Consensus Building Project
4 minutes -
Suspect in baby theft was desperate for a child – Gender Minister reveals
9 minutes -
Allied Health Professions Council cautions GFA on the practice licence of Black Stars’ physiotherapist Carlos Lozano Romero
16 minutes -
PBC announces reopening of all buying centres; ready to clear excess cocoa beans Â
17 minutes -
GMTF Cardiothoracic Centre project at KATH shows early progress after goundbreaking
17 minutes -
‘Difficult’ Russia-Ukraine peace talks end without breakthrough
24 minutes -
NPP announces detailed timetable for branch and regional executive elections
34 minutes -
Black Starlets beat Port City 1-0 in pre-AFCON friendly
38 minutes -
Baby stolen from Mamprobi Polyclinic was running temperature after rescue – Gender Minister reveals
40 minutes -
Farewell, Dr. Abubakari Sidick Ahmed – A doyen of Ghanaian media
45 minutes -
It’s time to treat the OSP as what it was meant to be: An institution, not an experiment
56 minutes -
Police urge vigilance in health facilities following baby theft incident at Mamobi
1 hour -
Ghana must invest in security intelligence to protect traders from terror—Security Analyst
1 hour
