Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has projected that Argentina will be the most likely opponent if the hosts can make it all the way to the World Cup final.
Scolari says he and his staff analysed the tournament's bracket and predicted the two South American powers will meet in the July 13 final.
'I hope that, just by looking at the trip we have in front of us to the end, the final could be Brazil, and for the characteristics that I see in a team, by looking at various factors, it could be Argentina.
'I hope we can make it a Brazil-Argentina final, a South American final, with players that have great technical ability.
'I don't want Argentina to drop out beforehand. I want them to play their best football. If they lose, it's not my problem.
'My problem is Brazil. I have to take Brazil to the final, taking on whoever stands in our way.'
The rivals cannot meet at the World Cup until at least the semi-finals. If both teams finish first in their groups, they can only face each other in the final at the Maracana Stadium.
Brazil play their final World Cup warm-up match on Friday in Rio De Janeiro before the hosts gets their campaign underway next Thursday against Croatia.
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Kasoa ritual killing: State charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Daniel Mminele steps down as Absa Group Chief Executive
- Akufo-Addo’s cousin at Noguchi cited for conflict of interest in Frontiers Healthcare contract
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
How farmers in Upper East are adopting Agroecology farming methods
SSNIT sets records straight on Weija lands ownership
Queen Elizabeth suffers another loss
An unregulated media space, a danger to media freedom – Media Foundation for West Africa
Akufo-Addo’s cousin at Noguchi cited for conflict of interest in Frontiers Healthcare contract
Unemployed jailed 10 years for defilement
University of Energy and Natural Resources to pilot e-motorcycles with solar energy
Fire destroys over 20 containers at Mankessim market
Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
Court orders arrest of four for failing to appear before it
Kojo Adaah: Policy measures for sustainable job creation in Ghana
European Super League: All six Premier League teams withdraw from competition
Events Vendors Association executives call on Tourism Minister
There’s no cause for alarm – Linda Dor assures public following reports of theft