Experienced trainer Sellas Tetteh has vehemently refuted reports he is on the verge of joining Bechem United.
The name of the former Rwanda and Sierra Leone national team coach began circulating in the media Tuesday as reaching advanced talks to take over the technical team of the Ghana Premier League side.
But Tetteh, who is famously known for leading Ghana to Africa’s only U-20 World Cup triumph decade ago, tells Otec FM that “It’s never true that I’ve signed for or in talks with Bechem United.”
The 62-year-old was reported to have been leading the Hunters in training at their camping base in Accra but explains he was only contacted about leading Bechem United's U-17 team to an invitational in the United States.
"I've been called by Agama (owner of Bechem United) who is a good friend of mine, to help manage their U-17 to a tournament in the USA."
Sellas Tetteh has been coach of second-tier side Tamale City over the past yer and remains at post.
"As I am speaking, I'm in Tamale performing my duties as head coach for Tamale City."
Sellas is expected to lead Tamale City FC, formerly known as Guan United, in the GFA Normalization Committee Special Competition set to kick off this weekend.
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- I didn’t attend the seminary to become a Priest – Rev. Akua Boateng
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- Ghana is not poor, we are only being poorly managed – Dr. Ali-Nakyea
- Organ-trafficking Nigerian politician, wife found guilty
- How to look chic and modest in a scarf
- Medikal raps better than most of the female rappers except me – Eno Barony
- I wanted something that reflected Africa – Sheryl Lee Ralph on why she wore kente to NAACP
- ICGC’s CT Praise to drop ‘Lala Dance Medley’ ahead of The Encounter album
- Pregnant mother’s death in Oti Region island community sparks healthcare concern
- Esmond Quansah: Lead pollution, Ghana’s ticking time-bomb
- Support Ghana’s Efforts to Restore Debt Sustainability – IMF to Bilateral Creditors
- We’re making progress towards securing a deal with China – Ofori-Atta
- Chamber of Mines appeals to government to protect mining firms
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Be Cautious in Making Financial Decisions in Times of Uncertainty – SIMS
- 23 KNUST newly-qualified veterinary doctors inducted
- Partnerships – main driver behind mobile money success in Ghana – Eric Nsarkoh
- “His first goal will boost his confidence” – Asamoah Gyan backs Inaki Williams to flourish
- NYA trains 40 students in vocational skills in Western North