Members of the public caught and held on to a suspect running away from an armed raid on a jewellery shop.
The owner of the shop, in west London, said he feared for his life when men armed with sledgehammers smashed their way into the store in Shepherd’s Bush.
Police said a car was driven into Sultan’s on Uxbridge Road.
A man, aged 34, has been charged with robbery, dangerous driving, possession of an offensive weapon, criminal damage and receiving stolen goods.
Co-owner Jamal Sarhan said he was inside with a customer and the children of another member of staff and pleaded with the men not to hurt anyone.
“I told them to take whatever they liked but ‘please do not hurt anyone’.
“I thought I was not going to see my kids again,” he said.
Pinned to ground
In a video published on social media, three men wearing motorcycle crash helmets can be seen running away after the raid.
Several members of the public gave chase before catching one man.
They can be seen pinning him to the ground and some people can be seen punching and kicking him.
Two officers arrived shortly afterwards and were filmed handcuffing him.
Police are appealing for anyone with footage of the incident to contact them.
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- Answering the call: Traditional rulers and climate action
- Bono GES Directorate to establish ‘sanitary bank’ for deprived school girls
- Your inauguration presents an opportunity to reset Nigerian narrative – Mahama tells Tinubu
- Court remands Director of JC Logistics over an alleged false cheque
- Media Personality Sixtus Dong Ullo runs for Law School Presidency
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- WAFU B Girls’ Cup: I need to work on their finishing – Yusif Basigi on Black Princesses team
- Banking sector faces rising risk to asset quality, capital buffers – Report
- U20 World Cup: Nigeria knock out host nation Argentina, Brazil trounce Tunisia
- Pay 30% of $1.6bn energy debt by June 30 – IPPs to government
- Two villages in North Gonja burnt down in renewed violence between Mamprusi and Gonja
- Land guards open fire on farmers, grade lands at Gomoa Okyereko
- WAFU B U20 Girls’ Cup: Nigeria thump Benin to set up final clash with Ghana
- Nigeria’s state oil firm increases petrol price
- ‘It’s disappointing’ – Bofoakwa Tano coach on not being able to lead the team in Ghana Premier League