Audio By Carbonatix
Teaching and learning at the Dzindziso D/A Junior High School (JHS) have been brought to an immediate and indefinite halt after unknown perpetrators staged a deliberate and highly disturbing attack on the school premises.
The incident, involving the placement of human excreta (faeces) and ritualistic cola nuts at the entrances of all three classrooms, triggered widespread panic and health concerns among students and staff.
The shocking scene, discovered early on the morning of November 26, 2025, forced school authorities to suspend classes to ensure the safety of the entire learning environment.
According to a formal report addressed to the Kadjebi District Director of Education, parcels of human excreta wrapped in polythene bags were placed directly in front of the Form One, Form Two, and Form Three classrooms.
Crucially, each vile parcel was surrounded by cola nuts, a symbol often associated with oaths or traditional undertakings in local customs.
The setup was calculated to prevent entry, making it impossible for students and teachers to access the rooms without stepping over the contaminated substances.
Concerned for the health and safety of learners and staff, school authorities quickly engaged the Assemblyman for the Dzindziso Electoral Area and the Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) Chairman.
Following their assessment, an immediate advisory was issued to send all students home and report the incident to the appropriate security agencies.
Mr. Lukman Hamza, the Assemblyman for the area, confirmed the severity of the act, describing it as:
“shocking and deeply troubling”.
He confirmed that investigations were immediately launched to identify the perpetrators and establish their motives for the malicious act.
The Kadjebi District Director of Education, Mr. Seth Seyram Deh, confirmed the report and the official closure of the school. He stated the closure would remain in effect until the environment is deemed safe for teaching and learning to resume.
More disturbingly, Mr. Deh revealed that the attack is not an isolated incident:
He noted that the Dzindziso E.P. JHS had previously suffered similar attacks, which led to its temporary closure in the past.
This history fuels the suspicion that the attacks are part of an organised effort to force the school to close permanently. A staff member, who spoke to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) anonymously, reinforced this fear:
The staff member said the school had experienced multiple similar attacks, suggesting that some individuals in the community may be opposed to the school’s continued operation.
The continuous disruption of education at the JHS level threatens the academic future of children in the area and raises questions about local governance and community cohesion.
Mr. Seth Seyram Deh announced that he and the Kadjebi District Chief Executive (DCE) would soon hold a meeting with community members to devise measures to prevent future incidents.
Community members, who have expressed deep concern over the latest incident, are urging swift and decisive action to protect the school and ensure the safety of their children.
Authorities have assured the public that the matter is being treated with urgency to stabilise the educational environment and apprehend those attempting to undermine public education in the district.
Latest Stories
-
This Saturday on Newsfile: Burkina Faso attack, Ofori-Atta off red notice and CJ’s petition dismissal
2 minutes -
Ghana Link dismisses ‘missing’ transit truck claims
9 minutes -
French soldier dies after being shot in the head during ‘game’ with other soldiers
10 minutes -
Urgent research needed to tackle AI threats, says Google AI boss
15 minutes -
Digital harassment against women MPs undermines democracy – GenCED
17 minutes -
Birim North Police, Blue Water Guards arrest illegal chainsaw operators in dawn raid
20 minutes -
Rare prison sentences handed to Cameroon soldiers after killing of 21 civilians
24 minutes -
Birim North Police, Blue Water Guards arrest illegal chainsaw operators in dawn raid
29 minutes -
Mamprobi Polyclinic baby theft: Mother of two remanded as prosecution alleges syndicate plot
35 minutes -
‘World Cup ticket isn’t a free pass’ – US Embassy warns Ghanaian fans against visa overstay
49 minutes -
Christian Council of Ghana calls for inclusive justice on World Day of Social Justice
51 minutes -
New Juaben South MCE visits family of victim of Burkina Faso attack
1 hour -
Cocoa farmers picket COCOBOD, accuse gov’t of betrayal over prices
1 hour -
Ban on non-ferrous scrap export to boost processed metal earnings by up to $300m annually – Mahama
1 hour -
US economy slows in final months after turbulent year
1 hour
