People are feared to have been killed in a suspected gas explosion at a shop in west London, the London Fire Brigade (LFB) has said.
The blast happened in a hair salon and mobile phone shop on King Street, Southall, just after 06:30 BST.
Four adults and a child are known to have been rescued by firefighters. Police said one man was found injured.
LFB said it was unable to confirm whether anyone had died in the explosion, as a search continues.
The Metropolitan Police said the blast was not being treated as suspicious and was believed to be a gas explosion.
Station Commander Paul Morgan said: “Our crews continue to search the property using specialist equipment including the use of urban search-and-rescue dogs.
“The explosion caused substantial damage to the shop and structural damage throughout.
“It is a painstaking and protracted incident with firefighters working systematically to stabilise the building and search for people involved.”
Jatinder Sing, the owner of Dr Phone, said he was in “total shock” when he received a call about the blast.
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
- GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
Andy Murray chooses to miss French Open
Spotify founder Daniel Ek says Arsenal bid has been rejected
Italian Open: Rafael Nadal to play Novak Djokovic in Rome final
GPL: WAFA deepen Legon Cities’ relegation woes
Leicester win FA Cup for the first time after last-gap Chelsea equaliser ruled out
Investigating assault on Caleb Kudah: I don’t trust National Security – Ken Ashigbey
Juventus edge Inter Milan in thriller to keep Champions League hopes alive
Lewandowski equals Muller’s Bundesliga goals record in Bayern draw
Zlatan Ibrahimovic ruled out of Euro 2020 with knee injury
Disband National Security Ministry- Samson Lardy Anyenini
I stopped being a member of GJA because of its President – Manasseh Azure
Asantehene’s involvement in galamsey fight a big impetus – Abu Jinapor
Arrest of Citi FM Journalists: National Security boss should be held to account – Audrey Gadzekpo
We need to guard against religious chauvinism – Harruna Iddrisu
Investigative Journalism is becoming scarier – Manasseh Azure