Division Two side Swedru Professionals will host Accra Hearts of Oak in friendly match at the Swedru Sports Stadium.
Swedru Professionals was formed last August, topped their Zone in the Central Region Division 2 which sent them to the middle league but couldn’t qualify for the Division One league.
And will be using the friendly as preparations to go one better.
Owner and bankroller of the side, Eric Bekoe has vowed to revenge the 1-0 defeat handed to them by Hearts of Oak last season.
“I know Hearts of Oak is a big team with huge following but we are ready to revenge the 1-0 defeat suffered last season in a friendly to make a strong case that we have also come of age to send a signal to our opponents in our zone.”
Heart of Oak will also be looking forward to improve their form as the 2016/17 season approach.
The Phobians defeated the Agona Swedru based club 1-0 last season under Kenichi Yatsuhashi.
The Phobians have failed to secure a victory in the GHALCA G6 tournament. They lost by a lone goal to Aduana Stars before drawing one all draw with Medeama SC.
Assistant coach, Henry Wellington will use this encounter to test the newly signed players ahead of the new season.
The gate fees are GHC5 for the popular stands and GHC10 for the VIP stands.
- Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
- While you disregard your own laws, be mindful of the dire consequences – Isaac Adongo to BoG Governor
- 5 NDC MPs file motion to probe Akufo-Addo’s use of chartered flights for foreign travels
- ‘Supreme Court was afraid, didn’t do justice to election petition hearing’ – Kpessa-Whyte
- I was sued for instituting reforms at Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital – Okoe Boye reveals
- ‘God is alive’ – Shatta Wale speaks after being granted bail
- Madina MP files contempt charges against police officers involved in Monday’s protest
- ‘I still feel traumatised by my experiences in EC’s strong room’ – Kpessa-Whyte
- Chinese students sue Apple for not including a charger with the iPhone 12
- Retract and apologise for defamatory publication or face court action – Lawyers of Eugene Arhin to Adom-Boakye
Carabao Cup: West Ham eliminate holders Man City on penalty shootout
Youngster Felix Afena-Gyan makes AS Roma debut in win against Cagliari
I was almost consumed by fame when I had the deal with Beyoncé – Dancegod Lloyd
Ban on tricycles: Intentions are good but implementation will lead to chaos – Governs Agbodza
Bayern Munich suffer biggest defeat since 1978
Raphael Dwamena stable after collapsing during Austria Cup game
Barcelona sack manager Ronald Koeman after Rayo Vallecano loss
‘The power of the people is stronger than the people in power’ – Alban Bagbin
Asantehene commissions a new Maternity Block at KNUST Hospital
Our target is to stay in the Premier League – CEO of Bibiani Goldstars
Playback: PM Express discusses ‘Aboboyaa’ highways ban
Marriage is a Ministry of Offence; you have to have a BSc in tolerance to be there -Woman
I had to work at a bank for free to pay off debts I owed them – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
Supreme Court not ready to protect Ghana’s democracy- Asiedu Nketiah
Trade Ministry, GUTA in talks to establish first-ever ‘Ghana Traders Bank’