The government will raise ¢2.76 billion on Friday, February 10, 2023, to refinance Treasury bill maturities worth ¢2.53 billion.
This will be issued via the 91-day, 182-day and and 364-day bills.
With such a large size on offer, the yields are expected to continue the upward trajectory, but marginally.
Following the Domestic Debt Exchange Programme, which has triggered the suspension of the issuance of bonds, the short term securities market remain the only source of borrowing for the government.
Consequently, investors have no option than to invest in the treasury market for gains.
Last week, the government mobilised ¢1.95 billion from the treasury market as it accepted all bids tendered.
The uptake exceeded the auction target by 37%.
The yields on the 91-day and 182-day tenors rose slightly to 35.75% and 35.81% respectively, but within the 35% bracket.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Ghana should be careful not to fall into a geopolitical trap – Dr. Hlorvor
- Ghana is important to the US – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Gold Mafia: Kenyan once honoured with ‘Lifetime Africa Achievement’ uncovered as Africa’s foremost gold smuggler
- Why Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ is a ‘maybe’
- You can’t intervene in anti-LGBTQ+ bill; you’re not in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo
- Tarkwa Rotary Club conducts medical screening for inmates of Tarkwa prisons
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- GhLA CEO Hayford Siaw honoured by global philanthropy organisation, Reach for Change
- World Water Day: Youth engagement maximized to achieve SDG 6
- Livestream: PM Express discusses US-Ghana relations
- Hey please! I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Bole-Bamboi MP calls for rerun of the election that approved six ministerial nominees
- ‘He devoted himself to the Danquah-Dombo-Busia tradition’ – Akufo-Addo eulogises late Kumawu MP
- ECG disconnects Ghana Post Accra branch over GH¢89,000 debt
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES