The 2020 Presidential Candidate of the National Democratic Congress, John Dramani Mahama, says the development of the Ashanti region is accelerated only when the NDC is in power.
At a meeting with identifiable groups in the Ashanti region, the former President observed that industry players have complained of suffering under the current NPP administration.
He is confident the people of Ashanti would vote for the NDC in the 2024 elections because the NPP government has disappointed them when it comes to developments.
This comes after the Presidential candidate embarked on a Thank You Tour to the Ashanti Region.
John Mahama said he will be at the polling station to observe election 2024 as part of the vigilance on ballots cast.
Meanwhile, General Secretary of the NDC, Johnson Asiedu Nketiah, said the party stands the chance of winning 40 percent of votes in the Ashanti region in the 2024 general election.
He however says this can only be achieved if the party stays clear of tribal politics in the region.
National Party Chairman, Samuel Ofosu Ampofo said winning the Ashanti Region is an agenda the party cannot toy with.
He explained that anyone that will exhibit a self-centered approach especially in branch elections will be dealt with.
Mr Ampofo says it is critical that the party is united in purpose.
- Police arrest man driving dangerously in viral video
- Reckless driver in viral video to appear in court today
- Colombia’s most wanted drug lord Otoniel captured
- Iranian governor slapped in the face during public speech
- NCA backtracks on Radio Gold, others not having their original frequencies
- Assistant police chief claims she was told to get abortion to keep her job
- I love security issues – Henry Quartey on why he didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak drop to Confederations Cup after being thrashed by Wydad
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak poised to make history ahead of second leg against Wydad
- Agric Minister stopped my bid to introduce fertiliser manufacturing plant – Entrepreneur
Twelve injured in Khartoum clashes – reports
Master act of controlling the pressure -Former NSMQ winner advises contestants as finals begin on Oct. 26
GPL: Five substitutes allowed for 2021/22 season
UN calls for release of Sudan civilian leaders
It’s an exciting time to be an entrepreneur if you’re discipline, commitment – UMB MD
Signs of Sudan’s coup build-up have been clear
Top 10 non-traditional exports up 15% to $273m in quarter 2 2021
John Boadu: NPP tribute in memory of Hajia Mariama Bawumia
Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
Coup reports ‘major blow’ to Sudan transition – Human Rights Watch
CBOD calls on government to fix deplorable road network in petroleum management and storage area in Tema
World Bank outlines comprehensive debt solutions for countries with high debt
Akufo-Addo to launch alternative employment and livelihood programme today
Pastor whose prophecy triggered Shatta Wale’s hoax shooting to reappear in court today
Trafficked to Europe for sex: A survivor’s escape story