Islamic funeral rights for Hajia Mariama Bawumia, mother of Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, continued in Walewale on Thursday, with the important third-day adu’a.
Hajia Mariama Bawumia passed away in Accra on Monday and she was laid to rest in Walewale on Tuesday, with a host of dignitaries in attendance.
The third-day dua’a (funeral prayers) is significant in Islamic tradition for the dead, and like Tuesday’s burial ceremony, a host of dignitaries from across the country and beyond, attended the ceremony in Walewale today.
Islamic religious leaders, including the sixteen Regional Imams, the clergy, senior government officials, members of parliament and Ghanaians from all walks of life travelled to Walewale for the ceremony.
With Vice President Bawumia, his wife Samira, his brothers and family members sitting in state, the ceremony began with recitations of the entire chapters of the Holy Qur’an to seek the mercy and favours of Allah towards the departed Hajia Mariama.
Another round of recitation was done for the members of the family and all sympathisers who have been mourning with the family.
The final funeral rite has been scheduled for October 24, 2021.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- Israel Laryea is away “on loan” at Influencer Africa
- Patriotism won over partisanship – Annoh-Dompreh on approval of six ministerial nominees
- Livestream: PM Express discusses NDCs betrayal
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day
- Ivy Setordjie: Drinking to a warming globe – Part 1
- World Theater Day: Stakeholders urged to commit more resources to industry
- I did not defy orders not to vote for Akufo-Addo’s ministerial nominees – Akatsi North MP
- I was sexually harassed on a bus – Ernest Opoku reveals
- Ghanaians are not go-getters compared to Nigerians – Oscar Bimpong