The Akim Aboabo road between Akim Asafo and Nsutam on the Accra-Kumasi Highway (N6) has been reopened for motorists after a few hours of closure.
On Monday morning, the road was closed following a fatal incident involving a Nissan Pickup and a loaded Daf articulated truck.
Due to wreckage in the middle of the road, personnel from the Kibi MTTD Accident Prevention Squad (APS) cordoned the area.
All motorists approaching from Suhum were diverted through Kibi, at Apedwa Junction, whilst motorists proceeding from Nsutam were diverted through Kibi, at Kibi Junction.
But in its update, the Police Service noted that the challenges have been resolved and this is due to the efforts of the Ghana National Fire Service Extrication Team, National Ambulance Service EMTs, and Road Safety Management Service Limited towing crew.
The Police, therefore, thanked the Services “for their timely and professional response in extricating, conveying, and recovering the vehicles off the road for further investigation.”
Meanwhile, the Police have entreated all drivers to at all times adhere to traffic and road safety regulations.
Drivers were urged to “always driving on the right, avoid overtaking in curves, on the crest, and when vehicles are approaching from the opposite direction to avoid head-on collision on our highways.”
- NDC’s Joshua Akamba spotted with weapon at Arise Ghana demo
- Man picked up at Arise Ghana demo for possessing firearm
- Photos: Day 2 of Arise Ghana demonstration underway
- Exclusive: Lighthouse pastor in Madagascar speaks out on Larry Odonkor’s car sale saga
- Swearing in of newly-elected GJA president blocked as journalist files injunction
- I criticised Mahama and slept soundly – Prof Aning
- UDS graduate ventures into mobile car washing business after years of job dissatisfaction
- Shatta Wale fined ¢2k after pleading guilty to publication of false news
- Shatta Wale pleads guilty to publication of false news
- Barker-Vormawor trial: Court orders AG to provide security report on alleged treasonable activities
Workers should be able to afford a house when going on retirement – GNAT General Secretary
Tottenham agrees £60m deal to sign Everton forward Richarlison
Announcement of new utility tariffs moved to July 15 – PURC
‘I am not a scout, I am a coach’ – Otto Addo clarifies Dortmund role
‘All is set for Appiatse community reconstruction to begin’ – Lands Minister
We’re not diverting Appiatse reconstruction fund to National Cathedral – Jinapor
SSNIT to roll out programmes to boost pension contribution
‘Samuel Boadu is one of the best in Africa’ – Goalkeeper Richmond Ayi
Tampico partner Chopbox Online to offer breakfast to over 3,000 SHS students
TUC heightens demand for Cost of Living Allowance
Danny Jordaan re-elected as South Africa FA boss
LPG consumption to fall 20% by December 2022 – LPG Marketers Association
Players need a good environment to adapt – Mas-Ud Didi Dramani on player transition
Police commend Arise Ghana protestors, public and officers
Reserves depletion: Ghana needs IMF support; Fund doesn’t impose restrictions – US Associate Prof.