“If I even get my eyes back and I don’t get my money, I will be fine. I am a forceful person and I will work again”.
Those were the words of 39-year-old Stephen Aboagye who was featured in the JoyNews Total Recall documentary, “Eyes on Menzgold”.
The documentary told the story of aggrieved Menzgold customers who are in dire need of their locked up investment.
One victim, Stephen, invested about 100,000 Ghana cedis in the now defunct gold dealership firm.
Sometime in January 2020, he was part of a number of customers who pitched camp at the residence of Menzgold founder, Nana Appiah Mensah.
It was a protest to demand payment of their locked up cash. Stephen tried to flee when Policemen arrived at the scene.
He unfortunately fell down and got injured.
He was plagued with constant head aches and had to seek medical attention. His inability to find funds for treatment worsened his plight and before Stephen could get help, his sight was gone.
“I can’t see anything,” Stephen said in the documentary.
But 24 hours after his story was told on JoyNews’ platforms, a philanthropist who wants to remain anonymous got in touch with the producer of the documentary, Joseph Ackah-Blay.
“I heard Stephen’s story. He said he was looking out for what God can do. Who is God? He’s you and me. I will help him”, the philanthropist said.
Stephen’s surgery bills were settled on Friday, June 24, 2022. The philanthropist also gave him some cash for his upkeep and drugs ahead of the surgery in August.
“I am really grateful. I am glad you told my story. God bless you,” a grateful Stephen said.
Watch full documentary Eyes on Menzgold below
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako