Every champion needs the right comrades. Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Hercules, Sinbad, even fictional superheroes like Superman, Batman and the rest had comrades that helped them run their vision and mission. They had to choose rightly.
To be a mighty man does not only rest on your personal strengths and attributes. It is rather significantly tied to the kind of people you surround yourself with. The pride of a King is not his throne but rather his people. What is around you is what defines you.
Champions are not made forever. A time is coming, your age will betray you. Your strength will naturally diminish. This is the time you’d need your comrades to step up for you. Life is full of challenges. Some people even compare it to the art of war because it constitutes consistent challenges.
By wise council, you make war. If life is war, Constantly ask yourself these questions; Do the people you have surrounded yourself with have what it takes to help you in your times of weakness? Is your personnel or regiment shield wall that strong to stop your enemy from breaking in?
Why have you surrounded yourself with people without a sword? “Sword” as mentioned here is figurative. It may encircle all the giftings and strengths your journeymen might possess.
Financial strength is a sword, Wisdom is a sword. A business strategy or idea can be a sword. Even someone’s mere faith can be a sword, same as someone’s knowledge. #BeInspired today to sack people who are mere followers and only settle as liabilities to you. Rather keep the serious ones whose exploits are strong enough to help bring you the right results.
Your network is your networth. If you dine with champions, winning quality bread becomes an easy task. The downfall and elevation of a man is always predicated on the people that surround him.
Be wise and beware of bad company. Great men are clever and strategic team selectors.
The author Yaw Sarpong-Kumankuma is a Ghanaian Entrepreneur with vast expertise in Arts & Culture, Creative Direction and Talent Management. He is A&R/Creative Director for Africa 1 Media and founder of a design company, DecoRate LLC. Email: email@example.com
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- Mathematics is the only understandable global language – Professor Nantomah
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak back to winning; Samartex beat Kotoku Royals
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Prioritise three revenue bills to facilitate IMF programme- BoG Governor to parliament
- Anti-LGBT bill: The bill has not ben diluted – Defeamekpor
- Anti-LGBT bill: It promotes hate crime – Partington
- Government dismisses claims of Gh₵2.3 billion debt owed to Green Ghana seed providers
- Ghana’s integrated aluminium industry on course – Lands Minister
- Anti-LGBT: The President must go for what the people want – Most Rev. Gyamfi
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV