All persons who could not get on-the-spot job offers or could not visit the International Conference Center for the Youth Employment Agency (YEA) Job Fair have another opportunity to keep searching for jobs – this time, on the agency’s website.
Last week, about 100 Companies announced almost 3000 jobs available for grabs when the fair opened. Director of Corporate Affairs at the YEA, Emmanuel Akwasi Afriyie, says the program was a success.
Assessing the fair, Mr Afriyie noted that though not everyone got a job immediately, the companies compiled a list of many job seekers for follow-ups “we had quite many jobs and companies heavily represented.
“We are yet to compile a list of the offers which were given, but I must say that everyone who had the patience to wait was attended to by the companies.”
He added that the fair will be replicated across the regions, with the Volta Region’s next stop.
The Director of Corporate Affairs is also urging prospective job seekers to visit the YEA JOB CENTER at https://yeajobcentre.gov.gh/ for many more openings.
According to him, the website, which has been operational for a while, has many jobs listings. One feature it gives is producing a CV for the applicant after all needed information is keyed in.
Mr Afriyie is assuring all prospective job seekers that the platform is effective in connecting them to employers.
“Once we leave your region, it does not mean you cannot get a job again. Log onto the site, and if you qualify for any of the jobs, you would be contacted. If not, other companies you qualify for will call you,” he said.
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- We’re investigating Shatta Wale’s shooting claims – Police
- Funny Face threatens to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- NDC must pass Vote of No Confidence on Mahama – Atta Akyea on 1 million secret ballots claim
- Komenda Sugar Factory: Mahama constructed roof before building foundation – Akufo-Addo
Isaac Dogboe set for Christopher Diaz challenge on November 20
Man stabs, cuts off penis of friend for taking his nude pictures
Local media not doing enough to project highlife music – Berima Amo
The Big Talent Show Week 3: Contestants dazzle fans with awesome performances in eviction-free week
Liberian President George Weah rewards taxi driver who returned $50k
Four taxi cab robbers jailed 60 years
Prince Yaw Antwi: Homeownership – To build or to buy, the dilemma of the millennial
Finance Minister must account for ¢1.26bn accrued from Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levy
LGBTQ+ Bill: I see no right in life to use ‘exits as entries’ – Mikki Osei Berko
Blackmail: Fans react as alleged intimate video of Tiwa Savage, lover surfaces
Seaweed smothering beaches along the coast of Western Region
Government will not scrap taxes and levies imposed on petroleum products – Deputy Energy Minister
Cut taxes further on petroleum price build-up – Government told
Why Samini thinks IGP won’t be laughing at Shatta Wale’s expensive joke
Jude Bellingham: The teenager at the forefront of England’s future