A flagbearer aspirant of National Democratic Congress (NDC), Goosie Tanoh, has asked party delegates to consider a candidate with a proven track record when electing the party’s presidential candidate on February 23.
He urged delegates to vote for a candidate that will unite party members and seek the welfare of Ghanaians.
He made the comments at the La-Dadekotopong constituency as part of his Greater Accra Regional tour ahead of NDC’s presidential primaries.
He appealed to delegates not sell their votes for a pittance.
“Do not vote for someone because you’ve been given GHS200 or GHS50 because you may vote for the person based on the money you were given and not on a track record.
"You may stock your room with the money you’ve been given or stock your room with bags of rice given to you by some individuals to vote for a particular candidate but the items will not last forever. You will then call the person on phone and he will pretend as if he does not know you and drop the line on you. So vote wisely, vote Goodie Tanoh to bring you jobs, food security universal affordable healthcare, social housing and policies that would improve your living condition," he urged.
Mr Tanoh’s position on the ballot for the February 23 poll is number 6.
So far, the “Team Goosie Campaign Tour” in Accra met with Krowor, Ledzokuku, Korley-Klottey, La-Dadekotopon and Odododiodio delegates.
He has also met with delegates from Ablekuma Central, Ablekuma North, Ablekuma West, Ablekuma South, Bortiano-Ngleshie Amanfro and Weija-Gbawe.
He is set to meet delegates at Okaikwei Central, Okaikwei North, Okaikwei South, Trobu, Amasaman, Anyaa-Sowutuom and Obom-Domeabra.
On Monday, he will be at Dome-Kwabenya, Ayawaso West Wuogon, Madina, Adenta, Ayawaso East, Ayawaso Central and Ayawaso North.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Wereko Brobby meets Akufo-Addo over Radio Gold, XYZ closure
- No pickup, no mercy - NDC tells Savannah Region Minister
- Vigilantism Bill passed into law
- NIA begins registration exercise in Volta region
- CID’s investigation of Charles Bissue political – Martin Amidu
- NDC primaries: 74 pick forms for 18 constituencies in Volta Region
- Akufo-Addo resumes regional tours with Western, Central visit
- Disobedience to court order? Never! – Lawyer shocked state refused Afoko bail
- Castigate not Kwame Owusu – Maritime Authority workers defend ex-boss
- Freddie Blay hosts NPP loyal ladies at his residence
- NDC chairman leaves post to contest Keta seat
- Rise in political propaganda disturbing – Youth activist
- Tension as angry Ashanti Region NDC supporters storm party office
- Limited Voters Registration exercise fraught with massive challenges – NDC
- We did no wrong awarding contract to David Adjaye – Parliament