Ghana head coach, Otto Addo, believes the Black Stars still have a huge chance of qualifying for the knockout stages at the 2022 World Cup despite the defeat to Portugal.
The Black Stars face an upheaval task of trying to beat South Korea to keep their qualification hopes alive when the two teams meet on Monday at Education City Stadium.
Portugal leads Group H with three points after their contentious 3-2 win over Ghana last Thursday while South Korea and Uruguay are level on a point each after drawing goalless.
Otto Addo is convinced Ghana can take advantage of the draw and push their way through to the last 16 from, arguably, the group of death at the Mundial.
“First of all, surely, we have a chance especially since they [Uruguay and South Korea] played a draw,” Addo said at his pre-match press conference.
“So, if we win against South Korea and Portugal win, hopefully, against Uruguay, then we will be second, so the chance is still big.
“And surely it will be very, very tough to beat South Korea because they are good. But now, we have to win. We are under pressure, but they are too.”
Ghana will wrap up their group campaign against Uruguay on December 2 after the South Korea game on Monday.
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- Cedi continues recent gain against dollar; $1 now ¢10.40
- Over 1000 dead as huge quake toppled buildings in Turkey and Syria while people slept
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Yul Edochie’s first wife threatens to sue actress over photoshopped image with Judy Austin
- Digital pound likely this decade, Treasury says
- DDEP: Government needs to reform fiscal structure – Senyo Hosi
- College head found dead with husband and daughter
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Grammys 2023: Viola Davis becomes an EGOT
- Grammys 2023: Kim Petras and Sam Smith break record and other takeaways
- NPP Jaman South’s aggrieved members are the proponents of “skirt and blouse” – Constituency executives
- Asante Akim Central NPP calls for fresh polling station elections
- We’ve amicably resolved impasse over change in Minority Leadership – NDC Council of Elders
- Full text: Finance Minister’s speech on DDEP deadline eve
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- SMEs without certification could lose out on ACFTA benefits – Trade Ministry warns
- Playback: PM Express discuss DDEP and government’s trust deficit
- DDEP will get economy fully back on track – Ofori-Atta