Ghana deputy captain, Thomas Partey, says the Black Stars will bounce back stronger from their early elimination from the 2022 World Cup at the group stage.
The Arsenal midfielder is among the most criticized players for not stepping up as one of the best-performing Ghanaian players abroad, but his form does not reflect when playing for the Black Stars.
The 29-year-old took to social media to appreciate the support of Ghanaians during the tournament three days after the Black Stars’ exit.
“It was our biggest wish to give Ghanaians something to cheer about, but unfortunately it didn’t go as we wanted,” he said.
“I want to say a huge thank you for the unconditional support from home and across the world. With the support of God, we will come back stronger.”
Ghana needed just a draw against Uruguay to progress to the last 16, but fell to a 2-0 defeat against the South Americans on Friday.
The Black Stars finished bottom of Group H with three points, the least among the five African teams to participate in the Mundial.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- It will be stinking hypocrisy for police to serve justice by criminalising free speech – Opare Addo
- Ghana’s oil profile under Akufo-Addo unprecedented – Energy Ministry tells Mahama
- LeBron James is NBA all-time scorer
- Shadrach Arloo: Pathologist labels asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- Akufo-Addo donates cash, food items towards funeral of late Yagbonwura
- 60% of doctors are in Accra and Kumasi – Health Ministry
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds