A 30-year-old man has been arrested at Akyem-Maase in the Eastern Region for masterminding a gang-rape of six months pregnant woman.
The suspect Kwaku Kumasah reportedly drugged the pregnant woman with local gin ‘akpeteshie’ mixed with weed and hydrochloride last Saturday before raping her.
The incident happened after the woman’s husband had gone out.
Mr Kumasah administered the mixture to the woman until she got drunk, Joy News’ Eastern Regional Correspondent, Kofi Siaw reported.
Disregarding his friendship with the woman’s husband, the suspect reportedly invited three other friends to gang rape the victim.
The woman was has been traumatised by the incident that she could not tell her husband on his return.
Kofi Siaw reported it was a good Samaritan who told the victim’s husband about what happened.
“She was quickly rushed to the hospital and doctors confirmed the incident,” the reporter said.
Residents of Akyem-Maase in the Akyem-Tafo district are distraught by the news.
They said the victim did not deserve what happened to her because she is nice to everyone in the community.
Meanwhile, Joy News has gathered the Regional Police Command has taken over investigations into the matter.
- Bongo scandal: Assembly withdraws ¢187k from contractor’s bank account without permission
- Intelligence Bureau arrests man with 656 ATM cards at KIA
- Hushpuppi – the Instagram influencer and international fraudster
- Dortmund’s Otto Addo to be appointed Black Stars assistant coach
- ARB Apex Bank investigates how Bongo Assembly withdrew money from account without owner’s approval
- Rwandan court finds ‘Hotel Rwanda’ film hero guilty in terrorism case
- Police to amend charges against Rev. Owusu Bempah and four others
- Milovan Rajevac announcement imminent after government, GFA execs approval
- Why single people smell different
- ‘Sometimes players don’t like it’ – Pochettino reacts to subbing off Messi
We should allow political parties to sponsor nominees in Assembly elections – Dan Botwe
Majority of the 260 MMDCE nominees should be confirmed within 10 days – Dan Botwe
Women entrepreneurs dominate private sector – Study says
Consciously plan for your retirement – Axis Pension boss urges
Akufo-Addo not required to choose MMDCEs from recommended list, selection process was only to aid him – Nana B
Ace Power Promotions Return With 4 Title Fights In Accra October 16
Black Queens bounce back in victory over Cameroon
Access Bank’s ‘Business Startup Challenge’ launched
West Blue Consulting Founder, Valentina Mintah joins Board of Kuenyehia Trust for Contemporary Art
Playback: PM Express discusses MMDCE nominations
Police investigate shooting incident at Apenkwa that left one injured
The National Film Authority’s Presidential Film Pitch Series finalizes investment for documentary
Create innovative ways of generating funds to develop mining communities – Lands Minister urges MDF Board
Government to begin reclaiming mined-out areas in Ghana this year
Mastercard Foundation programme equips scholars with skills for the job market