Audio By Carbonatix
Immediate past chairman of the Ghana Boxing Authority (GBA), Samir Captan is despondent about the organization of the Authority's upcoming congress but says he will still part of the election process and run for the Chairmanship.
Captan together with Lawyer Peter Zwennes, Henry Manly-Spain and Francis Decland, all former board members of the GBA are running for the topmost position to lead the Authority. The ex-GBA chairman and his executive members were ordered by the National Sports Authority to vacate office earlier this year after they had overstayed their initial tenure of two years.
According to Samir Captan, he expected the National Sports Authority to resolve all issues concerning his tenure which had been sent to court, to be settled before setting a date for the congress.
"Am not happy about the whole issue of congress, because after I was served a letter indicating it was illegal for me to oversee the affairs of Ghana boxing ,I was told the court would sit on the case. Just to hear after a few months is that , there is an impending Congress. I'm less impressed, he said in an exclusive interview on last Saturday's Joy Sports Link.
In the wake of all the misgivings however, Samir Captan insists he will be part of the process with the sole aim of correcting the way things are done.
"If the Boxing congress has not been organized properly and am complaining about it it's only wise that I take part to ensure the wrongs are corrected" he added.
Samir captan, who was once a promoter and trainer served as the chairman of the authority from the year 2011 till his administration was dissolved .
Before his appointment as Chairman he served under the Moses Foh-Amoaning-led board as member in Charge of Promotions. The experienced Boxing enthusiast boasts of over 40 years of dedication to the development and promotion of the sport in Ghana and the nurturing of the legendary Azumah Nelson. The elections would take place on Thursday March 14, 2013.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Call off strike, give us one month to resolve payment issues – Education Minister appeals to GAUA
18 minutes -
GAUA to consult members after talks with Haruna Iddrisu as strike continues
30 minutes -
Being fast doesn’t mean perverting justice – Srem-Sai challenges critics to prove manipulation
2 hours -
Lawyers can’t decide how cases run – Srem-Sai fires back in vacation court row
2 hours -
Aksa case should ordinarily be handled by OSP, not EOCO – Manhyia South MP
2 hours -
Norway’s king admitted to hospital and put on sick leave
2 hours -
Education Minister engages university administrators over ongoing strike
3 hours -
Technological convergence, disruptive innovation and the future of youth education in Ghana
3 hours -
When the sirens become a national anthem: confronting Ghana’s road accident crisis
4 hours -
Aksa bribery scandal exposes deeper failures in Ghana’s procurement system – Manhyia South MP
4 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: KNUST, St. Louis strike gold as quarter-finals dreams come alive
4 hours -
Banks’ pre-tax profit jumps 40% to GH¢23bn
4 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: Anticipation builds as schools battle for supremacy in Round of 16
5 hours -
Banking sector deposits jump 25% to GH¢334.3bn in 2025 — PwC
5 hours -
Hostel Owners Association bares teeth over legality of rent control campaign against exorbitant fees
5 hours