Audio By Carbonatix
Accra Hearts of Oak’s Anthony Annan managed to beat the European transfer deadline last Wednesday when he completed a move to Norwegian side, IK Start.
Annan, one of the key performers for the Phobians has signed a three-year deal that would see Hearts of Oak earning $200,000.
At the beginning of the season, Annan attempted to seal a deal with Blackburn Rovers but failed to secure a move with the English premiership side.
The midfielder’s departure increases the player exodus that has hit the present league leaders in the domestic premiership.
Defender, Stephen Ofei is also reported to have completed a move to the Bulgarian league.
Meanwhile, the club has issued a release explaining the exodus.
According to the release, "Our club is in the process of finalising the transfer of Anthony Annan and Dan Quaye to IK Start of Norway and Chongqing Lifan Football Club of China respectively.
For four others, Bernard Dong Bortey, Ablade Morgan, Charles Vardis and Stephen Offei are also on trials with various foreign clubs."
The release said the situation has been engendered by the fact that during the January FIFA transfer window, some of our players had invitations for justifiers. "Some of the players like Bernard Dong Bortey, Dan Quaye and Ablade Morgan have been around for sometime and, hence, it would be imprudent to deny them this opportunity," it explained.
The release also observed that in view of the club’s withdrawal from the Africa Cup, it will be unwise to also deny the said players an opportunity they would have had, by way of exposure during the Africa Cup series.
"Mindful however, of the need to participate competitively in the on-going One Touch Premier League, our club intends to rely on the players remaining and the newly-signed on to achieve this aim," the release added.
Times
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
‘Ghana was the crime scene’ – the country leading the demand for slavery reparations
2 hours -
Court dismisses Nana Kwame Bediako’s fresh bid to halt $14.9m judgment
2 hours -
Air India pilot’s reported cannabis test: What it can and can’t tell investigators
2 hours -
France’s top court blocks social media ban for under-15s
2 hours -
Fery wins on return as Djokovic reveals health condition after loss
2 hours -
‘Probably my last year’ – Ronaldo hints at retirement
2 hours -
Arsenal cruise to Community Shield win against disappearing Man City
3 hours -
Barcelona agree £65m deal to sign Rodri from Man City
3 hours -
UHAS halts semester exams over administrative, logistical issues
3 hours -
ECG announces planned maintenance outages in parts of Ashanti Region
4 hours -
Sexual harassment has no place in educational institutions – Education Ministry
4 hours -
The growing culture of vacation classes in Ghana: Should students rest or continue schoolwork?
5 hours -
E.P. Church secures radio frequency, prepares to launch Bremen Radio
5 hours -
Two dead and hundreds evacuated as twin fires break out on Greek island
5 hours -
EPCG clears over GH¢11.7m in debt as outgoing moderator calls for tighter controls on borrowing
5 hours