Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana midfielder Laryea Kingston will ignore the current controversies at Scottish side Hearts as he tries to resurrect his career.
The 26-year-old was one of several new recruits to the already massive Gorgie squad in the January transfer window although his background was more colourful than most.
Kingston had already plied his trade in Ghana, Libya, Israel and Russia before arriving from Terek Grozny on a six month loan deal with the option of a three-year contract if both parties agree.
Although his third appearance in maroon produced a wonderful 25-yard free-kick which gave the unconvincing Jambos a point against St Mirren in their Premier League clash on Saturday, the match was almost an incidental background to another period of turmoil at the Tynecastle club.
After the Edinburgh club recently announced their debt had risen to a record US$55million, Hearts majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov became embroiled in more controversy after reports claimed he had accused the Old Firm of "buying off" players and referees in Scotland although that allegation was later denied.
But Kingston batted away questions about the peculiar nature of his new club with aplomb.
He said: "I'm a football player, not a politician and I came to Hearts to play.
"I wasn't aware of what had been happening before I arrived and I don't know if there are problems in the club.
"Every morning I go to training and look forward to playing in every game.
"I'm here on loan until end of the season and then there is a three-year contract on offer if I want to stay.
"I'm okay with the style of football. It's almost like England and I've been watching a lot of games in England before moving to Scotland.
"So I'm coping well with it."
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Advisory team of the Pan African AI Summit meets Communications Minister Sam George
2 minutes -
Gender Ministry confirms abandoned newborn rescued in Elmina, receiving medical care
4 minutes -
ECOWAS holds talks with Chiefs of Naval Staff in Accra
9 minutes -
Minister for Communication receives Assemblies of God Church delegation
13 minutes -
Sefwi Wiaso MP urges cocoa farmers to be patient amid global price volatility
21 minutes -
Housing Minister vows to resolve nationwide water shortages, assures Teshie-Nungua residents
26 minutes -
Minority raises concerns over early extension of WCTP and DWT petroleum contracts
28 minutes -
FDA clarifies viral ‘cemented beans’ video didn’t originate from Ghana
46 minutes -
Energy Minister John Jinapor holds constructive talks with Cenpower on Ghana’s power sector
46 minutes -
African AI Governance Index launches first continental AI intelligence platform
52 minutes -
Burkina Faso attack exposes gaps in Ghana’s security preparedness – Ntim Fordjour
59 minutes -
Assaults on teachers will attract severe consequences – Education Ministry warns
1 hour -
Fire destroys heritage train at Ibrahim Mahama’s Red Clay Studio in Tamale
1 hour -
Government seeks to rename NIB as BNI to avoid confusion – Interior Minister Muntaka
1 hour -
High costs, no water and unemployment threatening industrial growth, says AGI president
1 hour
