Audio By Carbonatix
Fans of Kumasi Asante Kotoko are set to stage a massive demonstration in all the regional capitals of the country over what they describe as the unfair treatment being meted out to their Chief Executive Officer, Sylvester Asare-Owusu.
The planned demonstration, which is expected to attract thousands of club supporters across the country, is to force the James Marshall Belieb Committee to reverse the recommendation made to ban Mr. Asare-Owusu for five years from having anything to do with sports or football administration.
Executives of Kotoko Circles, the support base of the team, held a meeting on Monday night moments after the committee recommended that Sylvester Asare-Owusu be banned for five years for the role he allegedly played in the stadium disaster where four people lost their lives.
They argued that there is a political motive behind the ban of Mr. Asare-Owusu popularly known as ‘Silvercrest’.
“Why five years? We think that Mr. Asare-Owusu has been treated unfairly and hence we would stage a massive demonstration to let the people of Ghana know the bias of the committee,” Edmund Ackah, Chairman of the Circles told Asempa FM yesterday.
He noted that they would make life unbearable for the government if the committee does not reverse the recommendation to ban Mr. Asare-Owusu.
The Committee set up by the Minister of Youth and Sports, Alhaji Muntaka Mohammed, to investigate alleged over-crowding of fans in a league match between Hearts and Kotoko at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium on Monday recommended in a report that the Kotoko CEO should be banned from football for five years.
Prince Oduro-Mensah, Chief Executive Officer of the National Sports Council (NSC), was also not spared, as the committee asked that he be relieved of his position for allegedly tempering with the CCTV camera mounted at the stadium.
In a related development, Mr Owusu-Asare’s lawyer, Kofi Nyamah, has stated that his client will head for the law courts if the Ministry of Sports implements the 5-year ban recommended by the James Marshal Belieb.
Sylvester Asare-Owusu was alleged to have collected monies at the gate during the match and allowed more people into the stadium which contributed to the disaster.
His lawyer, Mr. Nyamah, has described the decision of the committee as ‘rubbish’ and politically-motivated.
“The Police lied, everybody lied and yet they came out with this particular decision,” he told Citi Sports.
Source: Daily Guide
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Pope calls for an end to West Bank violence against Palestinians
4 hours -
Shipping slows through Strait of Hormuz after tanker attacks, data shows
4 hours -
Why I stopped trying to quit smoking – Omah Lay
4 hours -
‘What if sharks swallow you’ – Teni warns Burna Boy over ocean stunt
4 hours -
What’s driving men to get penis fillers, despite the risks?
4 hours -
Ngah brace fires Cameroon to historic first WAFCON crown with dominant Malawi victory
5 hours -
Ariana Grande leaves problems at home as her tour hits the UK
5 hours -
‘Ghana was the crime scene’ – the country leading the demand for slavery reparations
5 hours -
Court dismisses Nana Kwame Bediako’s fresh bid to halt $14.9m judgment
5 hours -
Air India pilot’s reported cannabis test: What it can and can’t tell investigators
5 hours -
France’s top court blocks social media ban for under-15s
5 hours -
Fery wins on return as Djokovic reveals health condition after loss
6 hours -
‘Probably my last year’ – Ronaldo hints at retirement
6 hours -
Arsenal cruise to Community Shield win against disappointing Man City
6 hours -
Barcelona agree £65m deal to sign Rodri from Man City
6 hours