Audio By Carbonatix
Hearts of Oak playmaker Charles Taylor has quit the Ghana Premier League leaders over unpaid signing on fees.
The mercurial midfield will only return to the Accra side when his outstanding 50 million cedis is paid by the 2001 African Champions.
Taylor downed tools on Tuesday as efforts to get the management of the club to settle the amount has fallen on deaf ears.
"They owed us and promised to pay as far back as last December but when you call then they give you stories," Taylor's agent Bismark 'Chief' Ohene said.
"I have spoken to management members in Hearts and I do not get a feeling that they will settle the matter soon.
"I have as such withdrawn the player as it is a breach of contract so he will not play for Hearts from today."
Ohene however said the midfielder who excelled at the recent African Nations Championship will return to the club if the amount is settled.
"We all know how Hearts of Oak are with money issues and firm protest is the only language they understand," Ohene said.
"Taylor will return if the money is paid. If not I will report the issue to the GFA to completely withdraw his registration."
If the Ghana Football Association approves Taylor's exit it will be a huge blow for Hearts as they could have earned some cash from his potential move to Europe.
He has been recently linked with moves to England and Israel.
Source: ghanasoccernet
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Pope calls for an end to West Bank violence against Palestinians
4 hours -
Shipping slows through Strait of Hormuz after tanker attacks, data shows
4 hours -
Why I stopped trying to quit smoking – Omah Lay
4 hours -
‘What if sharks swallow you’ – Teni warns Burna Boy over ocean stunt
4 hours -
What’s driving men to get penis fillers, despite the risks?
4 hours -
Ngah brace fires Cameroon to historic first WAFCON crown with dominant Malawi victory
5 hours -
Ariana Grande leaves problems at home as her tour hits the UK
5 hours -
‘Ghana was the crime scene’ – the country leading the demand for slavery reparations
5 hours -
Court dismisses Nana Kwame Bediako’s fresh bid to halt $14.9m judgment
5 hours -
Air India pilot’s reported cannabis test: What it can and can’t tell investigators
5 hours -
France’s top court blocks social media ban for under-15s
5 hours -
Fery wins on return as Djokovic reveals health condition after loss
6 hours -
‘Probably my last year’ – Ronaldo hints at retirement
6 hours -
Arsenal cruise to Community Shield win against disappointing Man City
6 hours -
Barcelona agree £65m deal to sign Rodri from Man City
6 hours