Audio By Carbonatix
The president has suspended from office the Deputy Minister for Youth and Sports, Pius Enam Hadzide as well as the Acting Director General of the National Sports Authority Robert Sarfo Mensah.
The suspension which takes immediate effect is in reaction to the visa scandal which has rocked the country in the wake of the Commonwealth games currently underway in Australia.
A statement from the presidency Thursday, and signed by the Director of Communications at the presidency Eugene Arhin says the decision was taken after preliminary investigations into how some 60 persons were arrested for attempting to enter Australia under false pretences in the ongoing 21st Commonwealth games.
The statement further states that Board Chair of the NSA, Kwadwo Baah Agyemang and the Chef-de Maison for the Commonwealth, Mr Mohammed Sahnoon have also been recalled from the games village to assist in investigations.
At least 50 persons who claimed to be journalists and were in Australia to cover the Commonwealth games were arrested and repatriated for bearing false identities.
It is not yet clear how the suspects obtained visas to travel out of the country.
Reports suggest some officials from the National Sports Authority as well as the ministry facilitated the fraudulent visa acquisitions for the 60 persons.
The incident embarrassed the country with the Australian authorities said to be tightening travel arrangements for otherwise genuine Ghanaians who may be travelling to Australia for business and or pleasure.

Latest Stories
-
Pope calls for an end to West Bank violence against Palestinians
4 hours -
Shipping slows through Strait of Hormuz after tanker attacks, data shows
4 hours -
Why I stopped trying to quit smoking – Omah Lay
5 hours -
‘What if sharks swallow you’ – Teni warns Burna Boy over ocean stunt
5 hours -
What’s driving men to get penis fillers, despite the risks?
5 hours -
Ngah brace fires Cameroon to historic first WAFCON crown with dominant Malawi victory
5 hours -
Ariana Grande leaves problems at home as her tour hits the UK
5 hours -
‘Ghana was the crime scene’ – the country leading the demand for slavery reparations
5 hours -
Court dismisses Nana Kwame Bediako’s fresh bid to halt $14.9m judgment
6 hours -
Air India pilot’s reported cannabis test: What it can and can’t tell investigators
6 hours -
France’s top court blocks social media ban for under-15s
6 hours -
Fery wins on return as Djokovic reveals health condition after loss
6 hours -
‘Probably my last year’ – Ronaldo hints at retirement
6 hours -
Arsenal cruise to Community Shield win against disappointing Man City
6 hours -
Barcelona agree £65m deal to sign Rodri from Man City
7 hours