The Regional Council of Elders of the NPP and the Regional Executive, led by the Regional Chairman, Alhaji Iddrisu Sulemana, has appealed to all party members to accept the list of MMDCE nominees announced Sunday.
A statement signed by Haruna Iddrisu, NPP Regional Secretary, said, “we are appealing to all party members as well as the general public in the Savannah Region not to do anything to disturb the peace the area is enjoying in the wake of the release of the MMDCEs today.”
The statement noted that; ” the Region is blessed with good human capital to occupy the positions of the MMDCEs in the various MMDAs but these positions are limited. To those who will not find their names on the President’s list of nominees, let’s remain calm, control our supporters and support the lucky ones.”
The Regional Secretary also urged those who have been nominated, to celebrate in moderation and caution their supporters to as well, be moderate in their excitement.
“We further urge that peace and unity should prevail all over the Savannah Region for a smooth confirmation of the nominees,” Haruna Iddrisu stressed.
The Minister of Local Government, Decentralisation and Rural Development, Dan Botwe released the list of nominees for Metropolitan, Municipal, and District Chief Executives (MMDCEs).
Addressing a press conference on Sunday, Dan Botwe said the list has been forwarded to the Regional Ministers for the approval process to begin.
“They (Regional Ministers) are going to contact from tomorrow, Regional Directors of the Electoral Commission, get in touch with the Presiding Members of the various Assemblies and start the process of confirming Mr President’s nominees,” he said.
- Police arrest man driving dangerously in viral video
- Reckless driver in viral video to appear in court today
- Colombia’s most wanted drug lord Otoniel captured
- Iranian governor slapped in the face during public speech
- NCA backtracks on Radio Gold, others not having their original frequencies
- I love security issues – Henry Quartey on why he didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak drop to Confederations Cup after being thrashed by Wydad
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak poised to make history ahead of second leg against Wydad
- Agric Minister stopped my bid to introduce fertiliser manufacturing plant – Entrepreneur
- I resigned from Shatta Movement when Shatta Wale started misbehaving – Ken Addy
Herbalife Nutrition honoured for outstanding HR Management Practices at 2021 HR Focus Awards
Parliament resumes sitting on Oct. 26
EU wants Sudan’s transition ‘back on track’
Twelve injured in Khartoum clashes – reports
Master act of controlling the pressure -Former NSMQ winner advises contestants as finals begin on Oct. 26
GPL: Five substitutes allowed for 2021/22 season
UN calls for release of Sudan civilian leaders
It’s an exciting time to be an entrepreneur if you’re disciplined, committed – UMB MD
Signs of Sudan’s coup build-up have been clear
Top 10 non-traditional exports up 15% to $273m in quarter 2 2021
John Boadu: NPP tribute in memory of Hajia Mariama Bawumia
Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
Coup reports ‘major blow’ to Sudan transition – Human Rights Watch
CBOD calls on government to fix deplorable road network in petroleum management and storage area in Tema
World Bank outlines comprehensive debt solutions for countries with high debt