ACEP’s attention has been drawn to media publications of a response from Ghana National Gas Company (GNGC) on the Centre’s “Analysis of the Proposal to Make Ghana National Gas Company (GNGC) The National Gas Aggregator” published on May 21, 2020.
This response has neither been received officially nor published on the website of GNGC to give it any certified authenticity. However, based on the credibility of the media houses that carried the publication and the fact that it was widely circulated, it is appropriate the Centre responds to the issues raised by GNGC.
It is important to state that ACEP’s analysis did not target the operational efficiency, which the Centre has a lot to say about, or the capacity of GNGC to deliver on its functions as is or hopes to be. The analysis was meant to highlight the challenges with the policy directive from the Presidency which GNGC happen to be the proponent of and the beneficiary of the policy change.
In essence, the analysis was meant for the policymakers, and not an advocate of the policy. Therefore, if GNGC has a response, it should be directed at the policymakers. We look forward to a response from policymakers on the analysis of the issue and not from GNGC. Nonetheless, for academic purposes, ACEP would like to make comments on the response from GNGC.
GNGC’s response shows that perhaps ACEP was consumed by charity in stating the facts as to why GNGC could not or should not be the gas aggregator in the interest of Ghana. Most of these facts in ACEP’s analysis were avoided in GNGC’s response.
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- Officials of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall picked up for tax violations
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- Cost of fuel: Ghanaians must pay fair market prices – PUMA Energy President
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- Pay Toure over ¢100k within 45 days or face transfer ban – FIFA orders Medeama
- South Africa calls on MTN, Ghana to resolve $773m tax dispute
- Don’t stop attending church because of my broken marriage – Osofo Kyiri Abosom tells congregation
- There is no coming back from this – Husband of Yellow Sisi Waakye seller
- Exposé on school placement: Education Minister and I should take full responsibility – Prof. Opoku Amankwah
- I just wanted to whisper in Efya’s ear – S3FA explains viral kissing video
- Government must reprioritise its educational needs – Ablakwa
- My next girlfriend will enjoy a more sophisticated me – Kwabena Kwabena
- Northern Development Authority CEO, 3 others plead not guilty to corruption charges, granted bail
- Consumption and expected cost for new tariff to be catalogued in Reckoner – ECG
- Danger looms as school children around Tapa Abotoase risk their lives for education
- Korle Bu Hospital doctors threaten strike over unpaid arrears
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Former UGSRC Veep vows to defeat John Dumelo in Ayawaso West NDC primaries
- 3 teacher unions call on GES to halt emergency transfers
- Bond market turnover falls by 54% to ¢954.15m
- Michael Jackson’s nephew to play singer in new biopic
- Fanmilk PLC rewards 74 trade partners in ‘Bronya Akyede Kese’ promo
- ‘You can’t transform basic education if you keep cutting budget for the sector’
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks