The Energy Ministry has dismissed reports that it has signed a deal with Genser Energy Ghana Limited.
The Ministry in a statement said the only deal signed with Genser is by the Ghana National Gas Company and the Ghana National Petroleum Commission which are on record.
“The Minister wishes to state emphatically that neither he nor anyone else acting on behalf of the Ministry has signed any contract with Genser.”
This comes after workers of the Ghana National Gas Company (Ghana Gas) expressed disapproval of the Energy Ministry’s alleged deal with Genser Energy Ghana Limited.
They want President Akufo-Addo to halt the much-talked-about gas supply agreement with the energy company.
The deal, the Ministry said is being investigated by the Parliamentary Committee on Mines and Energy.
It added that the Ministry, Petroleum Commission and Energy Commission had investigated the matter and submitted a report to the President.
Under the alleged deal, 50 million standard cubic feet of raw gas will be supplied per day to Genser Energy.
But the Ghana Gas workers believe this agreement will spell doom for the survival of Ghana Gas and negatively affect the government’s vision of building a second gas processing plant.
This, according to the workers, is because they are unhappy with the way the Minister of Energy, Matthew Opoku Prempeh is handling the issue of the concurrent existence of Genser Energy Ghana Limited’s Gas Condition Plant and Ghana Gas’ Gas Processing Plant Train 2.
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- U-23 AFCON 2023Q: Ghana seals qualification with victory over Algeria
- Radio presenter recounts stealing church money to buy heroin, cocaine
- Steps to establish Ghana’s Integrated Aluminium Industry on course – Lands Minister
- Stonebwoy unveils tracklist and cover art for upcoming album ‘5th Dimension’
- Basketmouth opens up on struggles early on in comedy career
- ECG to disconnect Ho Teaching Hospital, Ho Municipal Hospital over arrears
- Video: How man used bare hands to rescue trapped gold miners in DR Congo
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- How climate change impact on fisheries is pushing artisanal fishers into IUU fishing in Ghana
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister
- Africa should focus on digital economy and innovation – Kamala Harris
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Kamala Harris hails immense impact of medical drone delivery in Ghana
- Black Stars team manager clarifies André Ayew teamsheet error against Angola
- Kamala Harris in Ghana: The US Vice President and the arts
- There’s still political interference in Ghana’s chieftaincy institution – Akyem Bosome Omanhene