President Nana Akufo-Addo has directed that, henceforth, no public institution should deal in or allocate any land without the explicit approval of the Minister for Lands and Natural Resources.
He said, “the days when public lands were dissipated without regard for public interest are over.”
The President stated this when he inaugurated a 25-member National Lands Commission at the Jubilee House today, September 1, 2021.
President Akufo-Addo pointed out that, the duty of the members of the National Lands Commission is to manage Public Lands saying that, “these Lands are vested in the President for the people of Ghana.”
He emphasized that Public Lands allocated to State Institutions remained Public Lands, vested in the President and managed by the Lands Commission.
The President also charged the newly sworn-in members to aggressively pursue the digitization of the records of the Lands Commission, noting that “most of the reforms needed to build efficient Land administration will be within our reach if we are able to move away from manual registration to digital registration.”
He further reminded members of the National Lands Commission of the New Lands Act 2020 (Act 1036), which he said, gives a good foundation for the reforms being pursued by the Commission.
President Akufo-Addo also urged the commission to perform their functions under the general direction of the Sector Minister in accordance with the constitution.
Describing the task ahead as daunting, he expressed conviction that, with focus, good policies and determination, the National Lands Commission will deliver on its mandate and urged them to give maximum support to the dynamic Sector Minister, Samuel A. Jinapor to help transform Land Administration in Ghana.
On his part, the Chairman of the National Lands Commission, Lawyer Alex Quaynor assured the President that, the Commission Is focused on meeting the 30 days turnaround time for registration of title or deeds by the Commission target.
He also expressed the team’s appreciation to the President for reposing much confidence in them and pledged to deliver
He also commended the Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia and Samuel Jinapor for their unwavering commitment and support to the Commission in ensuring that Ghana gets a robust Land Administration system.
- Ghana’s gross reserves stood at 1.0 month of import cover in August 2023; trade surplus hits $2.016bn – BoG
- Alan to speak on Monday on political future after quitting NPP flagbearer race
- Livestream: The Probe discusses impact of #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest
- Dr. Sa-ad Iddrisu: Historians must document all human rights violations under Akufo-Addo’s watch
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Osagyefo & The Madiba: Global Africa in Search of Transformational Leadership in the 21st Century
- Ghanaian forward Ibrahim Sadiq gets assist as AZ Alkmaar win big in Eredivisie
- Nhyira Fm’s Mama Effe honoured at Mali’s 63rd Independence celebration in Kumasi
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: I am here for Ghanaians, not NPP or NDC – Stonebwoy
- GPL 2023/24: Hearts of Oak beat 10-man Nsoatreman; Aduana beat Medeama
- Ghanaian youngster Raymond Anokye Asante scores in back-to-back games after injury return
- Ghanaian winger Joseph Paintsil scores first goal in Genk’s dramatic draw against Truidense
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso
- Premier League: Watkins winner piles more misery on 10-man Chelsea
- Premier League: Arsenal and Tottenham play out thrilling derby draw