The Supreme Court has ordered the owners of Accra-based Montie FM, Edward Addo and the first contemnor to reappear on Monday, June 18.

The decision came after the Court presided over by Justice Sophia Akuffo conferred over a plea by the counsel for the owners, Nana Ato Dadzie for an adjournment.

Two radio panellists cited for inciting hatred against, and threatening to kill, justices of the Supreme Court on Montie FM appeared before the court on Tuesday, July 12.

Godwin Ako Gunn and Alistair Nelson and the host a programme on which the comments were made, Salifu Maase known as Mugabe and owners of the station were lined up in the witnesses box.

A shareholder of Montie FM, Edward Addo was the only member who represented the company in court on Tuesday.

The court did not understand why the other directors and owners of the radio station were not in court.

It rejected a claim by Nana Ato Dadzie that the rest of the owners of the radio station are out of the jurisdiction and demanded that the entire owners of Montie FM should have been in court since it is a corporate body.

Chief Justice Georgina Theodora Wood and Justice Sule Gbadegbe recused themselves because they were specifically mentioned in the inflammatory comments.

Justice Sophia Akuffo and Julius Ansah replaced the two on the panel which also included Justice Baffoe Bonnie, Justice Anim Yeboah and Justice Anthony Benin.

Nana Ato Dadzie withdrew his earlier plea that the other owners are out of the jurisdiction and asked for more time to produce them.

The court agreed to this and dismissed Edward Addo to reappear with the others on Monday, July, 18. 

Alistair Nelson and Ako Gunn said they appeared before the apex Court today because they read in the dailies that they had been summoned.

The Lawyer for Mugabe, Martin Ampofo Agyei said he needed time to consult his client because they prepared for another case and not the courts summary proceedings.

He said they have filed an affidavit in another case which will change the mind of the court. Ampofo Adjei said they have a tape to prove that on the 29th of June, Mugabe commended the court and praised the women on the bench.

After a registrar of the Court confirmed that Mugabe and his counsel were served the summons on Tuesday morning, the case was adjourned to July 18th 'because of the public interest', Joy News' Raymond Aquah reported.

The Court, however, warned it will not tolerate any excuses on Monday when it sits on the matter.