Deputy National Communications Director of the New Patriotic Party, Asiedu Kokuro has said that although some people were let down by the recent ministerial reshuffle by President Akufo-Addo, all the appointees are competent to lead their various offices.
Speaking on Prime Morning, Asiedu Kokuro said that competence is a core value needed in the country and believes all the newly appointed ministers possess this quality.
“K.T Hammond (Minister-designate for trade and Industry) is very experienced, more than four times Member of Parliament, in terms of governance he’s very competent,” Mr Kokuro said.
“When Kuffour formed government in 2001, K.T was the youngest deputy minister at the energy ministry, he worked very hard and we were able to have our first oil; go and look at the records”, he stated.
Mr. Kokuro also commended Bryan Acheampong who has been appointed as the Minister-designate for Food and Agriculture.
“When we talk about core competence in government, Bryan is a member of parliament, a former minister, coming back to government again so he knows the nitty-gritty of government and that is very important to be able to navigate yourself within the political space.”
“He’s good, very calm gentleman and you know he’s very intelligent”, Asiedu said this on Wednesday, February 8, 2023.
He also said that when appointments are done, the government’s core and broad policies remain unchanged but the minister is only coming on board to help push the broad policies.
On February 7, 2023, President Akufo-Addo made changes to his government by appointing new ministers while other ministers were reshuffled.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents