Nineteen farmers have been presented with prizes in the Amansie West District in appreciation of their outstanding contribution towards the growth of agriculture in the area.
Mr Kwaku Yeboah from Manso-Kwahu was adjudged the overall best farmer and received a 21-inch colour television, bicycle, cutlasses, a pair of Wellington boots, some key soap and a certificate.
The other award winners also took home bicycles, Wellington boots, some key soap and certificates.
This was at a ceremony held at Antoakrom.
Mr Charles Oti-Prempeh, the District Chief Executive, said the nation was grateful to the farmers for their priceless contribution to the nation’s socio-economic development.
He vowed that the government would continue to introduce programmes and packages to make farming attractive and rewarding.
Mr Oti-Prempeh encouraged them to establish close working relationships with the agricultural extension officers to benefit from their expertise to boost crop yield and returns.
He counselled the youth in the district to take up farming.
- Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
- Akufo-Addo announces nominees for deputy ministerial positions, elevates Charles Adu-Boahen
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Certify your Covid-19 Corruption Risk Assessment or we will use it as toilet paper – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful to CDA
- Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
- Ed Woodward resigns from Manchester United role
There is no scheme against Techiman City FC – Samuel Anim Addo
I will bridge communication gap between Finance Ministry and the public – John Kumah
Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
Idriss Deby’s son named ‘president of the republic’
Teenager who filmed George Floyd’s death, posts emotional message following verdict
NCA shuts down 49 TV stations operating without a license
Chrissy Teigen says Kim Kardashian ‘gave her all’ to her marriage with Kanye West
Adjei Boakye: Demigods in our body politics; mismanaging our natural resources
Photos: 25-year-old who was allegedly murdered by boyfriend in Ho buried
I am a proud farmer – Dumelo declares after harvesting 3 tonnes of ginger
Emanuella features in Australian action film ‘Survive Or Die’
I will complement Energy Minister to execute manifesto promises – Egyapa Mercer
Ghana digitises Covid-19 verification to reduce imported cases
Trader remanded for allegedly impregnating his daughter
Smart transportation to enhance use of Ho airport in the offing – Volta Development Forum