Anglogold Ashanti has committed to pumping over ¢5 million into the educational development in the Obuasi municipality.
The investment by the mining company is to improve the quality of education in the mining enclave.
Anglogold has handed over 1000 chairs and a modern public address system to the Obuasi Senior High Technical School.
The donation worth Gh242, 715 is expected to enhance interactions with students for better learning outcomes.
A senior manager in charge of sustainability, Emmanuel Baidoo explained that “when we invest in education, it will definitely translate into developing the Human Resource capability that we need as a country to pursue the developmental agenda that we seek to push as a country.”
The company through its social management plan has committed over GH5 million to educational development in the last three years.
Mr Emmanuel Baidoo, however, revealed, “the company’s 10-year development plan which is yet to be outdoored will contribute to the government’s Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) and Technical Vocational Education Training (TVET) education policy”.
The headmaster of the Obuasi Senior High and Technical School lauded the company for the gesture.
Ernest Wiafe described the intervention as timely.
“Although the school auditorium was completed in 2017 it had no furniture.”
The donation has come at a time when the school is expecting about 1,800 first-year students which will put a lot of pressure on the existing furniture of the school.
“We’re grateful for the gesture,” he said.
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Tullow Oil challenges GRA over $300m tax imposition
- ‘I’ve had frank conversations with Haruna Iddrisu’ – Ato Forson reveals
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- NDC national executives to meet Minority Caucus over reshuffle
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- Let’s assemble our own domestic IMF team before we’re told to do so – Alhassan Andani
- Commercial banks should not be faulted for selling cocoa bills – Alhassan Andani
- DDE could be a positive turning point for Ghana – Alhassan Andani
- Mahama speaks on Africa’s strategic priorities at Chatham House
- Pusiga celebrates late philanthropist’s 67 years of changing lives
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- National Labour Commission directs CETAG to call off strike
- Pope Francis appoints Rev Fr Samuel Nkuah-Boateng as Bishop of Wiawso Diocese
- Court threatens to strike out case against Agradaa
- Asiedu Nketia leads party delegation to attend Mahama-led lecture in UK
- George Ferguson Laing: Why the looming water crisis may be a glimmer of hope for climate awareness
- Change in Minority Leadership: Rescind decision – Dr Amoako Baah tells NDC national executive
- The Story of Prophet Elisha: Case Study of Apprenticeship for Ghana – Part Two
- Elon Musk denies Twitter use hurts Tesla as sales soar
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his