Black Stars coach Kwesi Appiah says he is not perturbed about the injury situations that has hit his camp ahead of next Tuesday's World Cup playoffs game against Egypt in Kumasi.
Five key players who could have started the game are all missing from the 25 man squad due to various injuries.
Germany-based Kevin Prince Boateng is out with a knee injury, defenders Jonathan Mensah, John Boye, and Isaac Vorsah together with Rabiu Mohammed have all been ruled with through injuries.
But Appiah who is gunning to be the first local coach to take Ghana to the World Cup is not worried about the unavailability of these players and believes he has a capable squad to do the job.
''I have never relied on one particular player, I always believe that as a team you prepare and make sure you have very good substitutes so that when you have issues of players getting injury you can replace them,'' he told Joy sports
''And if other players had not been given the opportunity and used, it would have been very difficult at this moment. Fortunately for us, we have a very strong group that we can always depend on.''
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- Livestream: PM Express business edition discusses impact of policy rate on businesses
- Gertrude Agyemang: Customer Service Week and the ECG prepaid meter challenge
- NDC has no evidence to prove my involvement in ‘galamsey’ – Ellembelle DCE
- KNUST students develop cost-effective instrument to measure temperature and light energy from the sun
- MP has been a challenge in fight against ‘galamsey’ in my district – Ellembelle DCE
- 2 women in court over alleged assault on Besease M/A JHS teacher
- Alberta Mortty: I love my breast; I love my life more
- Assistant headmaster of Mpatasie D/A dies in ‘galamsey’ pit
- 36 arrested in Ejisu for alleged network marketing scamming
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- #NoToGalamsey: Failure to deal with ‘galamsey’ could lead to street terrorism – Prof. Gatsi
- AngloGold Ashanti pleased with community support to ward off illegal miners from Obuasi concession
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Prosecute Chairman Wontumi, Charles Bissue, others neck-deep in galamsey – NDC to Akufo-Addo
- Cities and Habitats, Ecobank launch ‘Rent to Own Boafo) home ownership package