The Management of Radio Ada has given a chilling account of the attack on the station by some unidentified thugs which occurred on Thursday.
According to the External Communications Officer for the station, Julius Odoi, one of the presenters who was brutally assaulted during the attack, has suffered an injury to his eye due to the heavy slaps he was subjected to.
He made the disclosure on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show, on Friday, January 14, 2022.
Mr. Odoi said the presenter, Gabriel Korley Adjaotor, received treatment after the incident and was discharged. However, he doesn’t seem as fit as he was before the incident.
“What I know is that our presenter has a problem with the eye, because he was slapped and then his eye got swollen. He was kicked in the tummy. So with internal injuries, yes, he may have, but when you look at him you can tell he was attacked,” he said.
“Yesterday, he was admitted to the hospital but later, around 7:00pm, he was discharged. But he was asked to come back for regular checkups,” he said.
Mr. Odoi recalled that at about 11:00am on Thursday, the thugs stormed the station.
“They numbered about 10, but seven entered the station, and the three waited outside. Then, they [the seven] got to the front desk and asked to see Noah, the Deputy Station Coordinator, but the front desk officer said he wasn’t around. So, just as they were talking, the others passed behind and entered the station.
He noted that the workers sought to resolve matters amicably; however, the thugs refused to cooperate and proceeded to attack the staff and vandalised the equipment at the station.
“After they gained entry into the station, they kept asking for Noah and some other people. So we asked them what they wanted, and we told them that if there’s anything, let’s discuss it, but they refused,” he said.
Mr Odoi, thus, implored the Police to act on information that has been provided on the suspects and bring them to book to serve as a deterrent to others who intend to engage in similar conduct. This is because the incident has left its staff traumatised.
“Our volunteers are not willing to come to work again. For some of them, their families are warning them not to come to work again. In fact, the calls that are coming are traumatising,” he said.
“We are a small community. If the Police do not do what’s right and some of our relatives get to know about some of these things, it may lead to something else.
“So, some individuals whose names have come up, they should call them and do their investigation,” Mr. Odoi urged.
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Rapper Edem hints at contesting NDC parliamentary primaries
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation cards
- Adom Music Chart: Asakaa Boys, Black Sherif and Daddy Lumba top list in Week 11
- Appianyinasehene commissions KG block and children playing ground
- Mesut Ozil retires from football
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- Fifi Folson making Gospel funky on Joy FM
- EIU revises global growth forecast for 2023 to 2%
- Actor Mawuli Gavor and wife expecting first child
- Growth and Sustainability Levy breaches petroleum agreement, could trigger ligation – Petroleum Chamber
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- Lamisi honoured in Netherlands for promoting Ghanaian culture
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- You can never grow your economy by taxing excessively – Prof Bokpin
- JessiEmma releases ‘Amazing Grace’, a love song to God