American rapper Rick Ross has replaced Afrobeats star Burna Boy as a headliner for the 2022 Afro Nation concert in Puerto Rico.
This comes after Burna Boy bowed out of performing at the event. Although he did not give reasons why, Burna Boy stated that he was “gutted” he could not make it to the event.
He stated that it is however no one’s fault adding that his absence is beyond anyone’s control.
“I am extremely gutted that I won’t be at Afro Nation Peurto Rico, due to circumstances beyond anyone’s control. I’ll make it up to you all for sure!”
On their official Instagram page, Afro Nation apologised to fans for the mishap. The organisers said they are also devastated about the new development.
They revealed they had spent the last 24hours looking for a replacement.
The American rapper Rick Ross, they noted, was willing to take Burna’s place on the bill.
“Yesterday we were informed by Burna Boy’s team that it was impossible for him to make it to Puerto Rico for his performance at ANPR2022. A huge thanks to Rick Ross for stepping in last minute to give you an incredible show.”
Afro Nation Peurto Rico takes place from Thursday, March 24 to Saturday, March 26.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor-General’s report
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana’s economy further within junk status
- COCOBOD signs $1.13bn syndicated loan for 2022/2023 cocoa crop season
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Nana Ampadu to be buried on October 8
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- Falling in love is easy — Staying in love is a choice
- Absa Bank and MasterCard Foundation to grant ¢2.5m to Fintech/Agritech Startups
- Lordable Holm Ministry holds Thanksgiving and Testimony concert at Osu ICGC
- Akosua Adjepong eulogises her mum
- There will be no ban on cocoa from Ghana – EU Ambassador to Ghana
- Vodafone Ghana Foundation partners GES to launch STEM Teacher Awards
- NADMO, Military officers move to rescue Ashalaja flood victims
- World Bank urges African governments to urgently restore macro-economic stability, protect poor
- Theophilus Tei Ayanou: Digitised courier services – A silver bullet for e-commerce delivering conundrum
- Illegal mining could cause ban of Ghana’s cocoa beans on international market – Agric Minister
- Will Smith’s ‘Emancipation’ to release this year
- Joy FM Family Pop Quiz returns with mini-series
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- DBG signs UN Global Compact for sustainable business and governance
- Empress Gifty loses sister, grandmother
- 3 out of 4 metre systems restored to prepaid consumers in Kumasi