Confederations of African Football (CAF) has announced the final three-man shortlist for the 2013 Africa Footballer of the Year award, with Ghana skipper Asamoah Gyan excluded from the list.
But Ghana youngster Ebenezer Assifuah is in the hunt for the Young Player of the Year award.
The youngster will represent Ghana at the awards night for his heroic role he played as the top scorer at the U20 World Cup in Turkey in the summer.
The Ivorian pair of Yaya Toure and Didier Drogba made the final three for a second successive year and will be joined by John Obi Mikel of Nigeria.
The winner will be announced on the 9th of January 2014 at the GLO-CAF Awards Gala to be held in Lagos Nigeria.
In the African Player of the year ( based in Africa) category the winner will be selected from Egyptians Ahmed Fathy and Mohamed Abou Trika with Nigerian Sunday Mba also in contention. The winner will also be announced at the Awards Gala in Lagos on the same night.
Yaya Toure is the reigning African Footballer of the Year while Mohamed Abou Trika is the current African player based in Africa.
The other categories are as following:
National Team of the Year
Youth National team of the Year
Nigeria U 17
Club of the Year
Fair Play Award
Coach of the Year
Most Promising Talent
Papa Bakary Gassama
- Don’t fall for the drama; NDC has cut a deal with NPP to pass 2022 budget – Ernesto Yeboah alleges
- Speaker dragged to court for overseeing rejection of 2022 budget by NDC MPs
- ‘Very soon, we’ll get to know whether Adwoa Safo was in the House or not’ – Muntaka Mubarak
- Speaker Bagbin is not an MP, but I am – Joseph Osei Owusu defends approval of 2022 budget
- Kaneshie District Court rescinds bench warrant issued against Francis-Xavier Sosu
- Minority Caucus has betrayed Ghanaians again, joined Akufo-Addo’s Kabuki dance – Martin Amidu
- 2022 Budget: Why Parliament was suspended for 1 hour on December 1
- Approval of 2022 budget: It would’ve been a full-blown conflict if Minority were in the chamber – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- ‘The law is clear that MPs who ascend Speaker role drop their position as MP’ – Bentil
- Economic Fighters League will contest 2024 elections – Ernesto Yeboah
9 expert-backed strategies to handle rejection from a guy
Parliament sets up 20-member Committee to resolve impasse over 2022 budget
Kwabena Kwabena to perform at ‘Popular But Broke’ comedy special
19-year-old jailed 4 years for stabbing teacher
Parliament apologises for chaotic scenes in the House
Power supply to be fully restored in Ashanti Region by Dec. 20 – ECG assures
World AIDS Day: Ashanti Region projects over 77,000 cases by end of year
You have no business presiding over Parliament – Sam George to Joseph Osei-Owusu
Get vaccinated, it’s a lifesaver – Celestine Donkoh urges Ghanaians
Covid-19 vaccines are not harmful but effective, get inoculated – Celestine Donkor
ADB promises farmers easy access to financing in 2022
Chemico Limited supports 37th National Farmers’ Day celebration with ¢250k
Physical signs he really wants to kiss you
Most Omicron cases are ‘mild’, there’s no evidence to suggest vaccines may be less effective against it – WHO official
Akufo-Addo receives ‘International Nation Builders Award’ from black US legislators