Colts football is on a revival in the Ashanti, Northern, Upper East and West regions with the introduction of an annual inter-community gala, after years of virtual inactivity.
Charger Limited, producers of Happy Man bitters, has put together a one-month inter-community football gala to unearth talents for the country.
The once exciting juvenile soccer which produced talents for both local clubs and the national teams, is set to bounce back.
At least, 18 communities in the Ashanti region will compete for honours in what organizers envisage to become an annual affair.
Luv Sports was at the launch of the gala competition and caught up with the CEO of Charger Limited, Emmanuel Bortey Borketey who says it is his company’s social responsibility to organize this competition.
“We at Charger Limited feel that we owe it a responsibility to give back to society since they have contributed to the success story of Happy Man Gin Bitters,” he said.
The company also intends to make the competition an annual affair across the country and honour individual players with an attachment with some local clubs.
“Charger Limited has already organized the community gala in the three regions of the North and the response has been massive and we hope to institutionalize the Ashanti Regional version and make it an annual affair,” says Mr. Borketey.
Charger Limited is also a sponsor of the English Premier League live matches broadcast on Luv 99.5 FM.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- Woman kills former landlord with hammer, steals $40k through forged checks
- Labour MP suspended, apologises after calling Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng ‘superficially’ black
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- GRA set to roll out E-invoicing from tomorrow October 1
- US-based Oakley signs agreement with Benjamin Azamati
- 16 suspects arrested over shooting incident at Asaman Tamfoe
- Ivory Coast raises cocoa farmgate price by 9% for 2022/2023 harvest
- Pact with Rabat is in force and being implemented – Head of Spanish Diplomacy
- Good Morning America celebrates Ghana as host Robin Roberts explores the country
- MultiChoice teams up with BetKing to launch SuperPicks for new football season
- Ed Sheeran must face copyright trial over Thinking Out Loud, judge rules
- ‘Skills 4 Success’ trains teachers in digital skills
- Black Panther’s Danai Gurira, Robin Roberts tour Accra on Good Morning America segment
- ‘I predicted my goal against Czech Republic in 2006’ – Asamoah Gyan
- Let’s build capacities of SMEs to harness full potential of e-commerce – GIZ