Audio By Carbonatix
The Ghana Tourists Board has started a training programme for food vendors and chop bar operators ahead of the Ghana 2008 Football tournament to enable them to provide quality and efficient services to tourists who would visit the country.
The training programme which started on January 7, 2008 is expected to end on January 17 and would attract about 5000 vendors and chop bar operators, including waakye, koko and kenkey sellers.
Mr. Ben Ohene-Ayeh, Public Relations Manager at the Ghana Tourists Board told the GNA that the programme would take place in eight out of the ten regions, especially those along the routes leading to the venue of the matches.
Regions to benefit from the training are: Greater Accra, Volta, Central, Western, Eastern, Ashanti, Brong Ahafo and Northern regions, Mr Ohene-Ayeh said, adding that, participants had been grouped into four and would be trained by Cook Art Company.
Participants would be taken trough topics like food hygiene, customer care, food production, and facility management among other topics related to catering.
Mr Ohene-Ayeh pointed out that participants had expressed high interest in the training programme and expressed the hope that it would make an impact by ensuring food safety.
"We have had massive representation so far at all the places where the training had been held," he said and added that the food sector in the tourism industry was important to the growth of the industry in the country.
Participants would also receive certificates of participation and a Ghana Tourists Board apron.
The Ghana Tourists Board prior to this exercise had held training programmes for front staff officers at hotels, hotel managers and the owners.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Bank of Ghana reverts to previous Cash Reserve Ratio policy after scrapping it last year
4 minutes -
Ghana-eligible defender Beres Owusu signs permanent deal with Grazer AK
11 minutes -
A Super El Niño is coming: What does it mean for Ghana?
45 minutes -
Driving Schools Association pushes for mandatory driver training to reduce road crashes
48 minutes -
Climate change exists with or without humans — Youth advocate
1 hour -
Plastic waste driving flooding and climate concerns in Bamaahu — Youth Climate Reporter
1 hour -
This week on The Career Trail
2 hours -
My book was born out of university research – Mary Anane Awuku
2 hours -
“I stepped back from politics for my husband to continue the journey” – Sammi Awuku’s wife
2 hours -
Ghana will receive final IMF cash of US$318 million immediately after July board approval – Mission Chief
2 hours -
Arthur Legacy, CAA Base partner to educate players on transfers, branding
2 hours -
Midie: Children wade through mud daily to go to school
2 hours -
GN Savings and Loans case is not over – Banking consultant
2 hours -
Oh Why, Honourable Alexander Kwamena Afenyo-Markin?
2 hours -
MoGCSP inaugurates, swears in Technical Working Group for new National Plan of Action on elimination of human trafficking
2 hours