Audio By Carbonatix
The National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) in the Eastern Region is calling on families whose relatives left home for church service and are yet to return to aid them with information.
The six-storey building of the Church of Prosperity collapsed on Tuesday while worshipers numbering about 60 had gathered to pray on Tuesday, October 20.
So far, 19 dead bodies have been recovered from the rubble while eight people who sustained various degrees of injuries are receiving treatment at the government hospital.
“We appeal to people who have relatives who were supposed to have attended service in the last three days and have not reported back home to come to the area,” an official pleaded.
“Our biggest challenge has been lack of information, we don’t have the information with regards to the number of people who were in the building as at the time of the collapse, making our work very difficult,” he said.
He added that they have set up an information desk to receive such information to aid them in our search and rescue operation because they need to know the number of people who are involved.

The rescue team is made up of NADMO officials, Bureau of National Investigations (BNI), the police, soldiers from jungle warfare, fire personnel and local volunteers who had to wait for appropriate equipment from Accra to be used in the exercise.
Officials says they are in touch with the church leadership to help identify possible areas in the building where people could be, following their request for the church building plan.

The search and rescue operations team has assure to be in the area till the last person in the building is saved or recovered.
Meanwhile, the founder of the Church of Prosperity, Prophet Akoa Isaac, is in the grips of the Akim Oda Divisional Police Command.
Latest Stories
-
Red Cross volunteers die from suspected Ebola in DR Congo
26 minutes -
US Secret Service investigates reports of shots near White House
31 minutes -
ECG injects GH¢3m into power upgrades across 40 Accra communities
40 minutes -
‘Owadiah’ makes history: William Opare becomes first Ghanaian to break 45 seconds in 400m
47 minutes -
Scottish woman ‘was on a mission’ to find out who her Ghanaian husband was. Then she died
47 minutes -
Four Ada SHS students arrested after viral cutlass threat video sparks alarm
48 minutes -
Christopher Bonsu Baah win Staff Player of the Year award in debut season with Al Qadsiah
2 hours -
Laryea Kingston’s Uganda beat Ghana 8-7 on penalties to secure U-17 World Cup spot and extend Black Starlets’ absence to nine years
2 hours -
FIFA U17 World Cup playoffs: Uganda beat Black Starlets on penalties to qualify
2 hours -
2026 U17 WWCQ: Goalfest in Accra as Black Maidens hit Liberia for six
2 hours -
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
3 hours -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
3 hours -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
3 hours -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
4 hours -
Nestlé Ghana, ECOM Ghana hand over 6-unit classroom block to Adarkwa Methodist Primary School
4 hours