Two brands of the Multimedia Group, Joy and Adom clusters, have received the Chartered Institute of Marketing Ghana (CIMG) National President’s Special Awards, 2020, at a ceremony held on Saturday.
The Ekosiisen show on Asempa FM was also adjudged the CIMG Radio Programme of the Year – the second of such honours in three years.
The CIMG, in a citation for Joy Brands, said, “What began as a single radio station in 1995 is today the nation’s largest radio, television and online network and Sub Saharan Africa’s biggest media entity which is empowering people and prospering together with them.”
It added, “one of your key jingles Ghanaians have come to like; ‘Radio gets results’ has been used intricately to your advantage.”
The citation goes on to list some of the many stories which have gotten results through the Joy platform, including;
- Visually impaired farmer in the Volta Region whose plight was aired and as a result got accommodation.
- An old woman in the North who got a home built for her by the Vice President Dr. Bawumia
- A woman with diabetics and her daughter with down syndrome who got public support with the first lady donating wheelchair aside public support of 40 thousand cedis.
- The story of an old woman suffering from leprosy in the Upper West Region who got a home built for her by the Vice president following a JoyNews report highlighting her plight.
- JoyNews’ campaign that raised 500 thousand cedis for persons affected by floods in the Northern Region
- A documentary titled Robbing the poor: cocoa clerks cheating farmers: which shook the nation and called for investigations that led to reforms such as digital weighing scales at all weighing centers
- Hlihadzi villagers who got new solar systems installed and solar powered refrigerator for their clinic on the island village in the Volta region
- JoyNews investigations which stopped the illegal sale of breast cancer drugs at the Korle-bu and Komfo Anokye Teaching hospitals.
- The collaboration with the clean Ghana team that discovered a boy who was sleeping rough on the streets with is mentally unstable mother. But got back to school and his mother also been taken care off after the story was aired.
- And of course the station’s drive safe campaign which the CIMG says has been very impactful.
The citation ends with a note that the Joy Brand was awarded the President’s Special award because the President of CIMG and the governing council have been following the exploits of the Joy Brand and deem it appropriate and befitting to confer the award on the station.
Head of programmes at Joy FM, Edem Knight–Tay, who received the award on behalf of the Brand, was grateful to clients, partners and the audience worldwide.
She mentioned that the award ‘only means that we need to continue to do more.”
She promised that the Brand will continue to do more “because this job is not about us, it’s about the people. So for as long as we put them first and make them happy, then we are also happy.”
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Akufo-Addo donates cash, food items towards funeral of late Yagbonwura
- 60% of doctors are in Accra and Kumasi – Health Ministry
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’