Two brands of the Multimedia Group, Joy and Adom clusters, have received the Chartered Institute of Marketing Ghana (CIMG) National President’s Special Awards, 2020, at a ceremony held on Saturday.
The Ekosiisen show on Asempa FM was also adjudged the CIMG Radio Programme of the Year – the second of such honours in three years.
The CIMG, in a citation for Joy Brands, said, “What began as a single radio station in 1995 is today the nation’s largest radio, television and online network and Sub Saharan Africa’s biggest media entity which is empowering people and prospering together with them.”
It added, “one of your key jingles Ghanaians have come to like; ‘Radio gets results’ has been used intricately to your advantage.”
The citation goes on to list some of the many stories which have gotten results through the Joy platform, including;
- Visually impaired farmer in the Volta Region whose plight was aired and as a result got accommodation.
- An old woman in the North who got a home built for her by the Vice President Dr. Bawumia
- A woman with diabetics and her daughter with down syndrome who got public support with the first lady donating wheelchair aside public support of 40 thousand cedis.
- The story of an old woman suffering from leprosy in the Upper West Region who got a home built for her by the Vice president following a JoyNews report highlighting her plight.
- JoyNews’ campaign that raised 500 thousand cedis for persons affected by floods in the Northern Region
- A documentary titled Robbing the poor: cocoa clerks cheating farmers: which shook the nation and called for investigations that led to reforms such as digital weighing scales at all weighing centers
- Hlihadzi villagers who got new solar systems installed and solar powered refrigerator for their clinic on the island village in the Volta region
- JoyNews investigations which stopped the illegal sale of breast cancer drugs at the Korle-bu and Komfo Anokye Teaching hospitals.
- The collaboration with the clean Ghana team that discovered a boy who was sleeping rough on the streets with is mentally unstable mother. But got back to school and his mother also been taken care off after the story was aired.
- And of course the station’s drive safe campaign which the CIMG says has been very impactful.
The citation ends with a note that the Joy Brand was awarded the President’s Special award because the President of CIMG and the governing council have been following the exploits of the Joy Brand and deem it appropriate and befitting to confer the award on the station.
Head of programmes at Joy FM, Edem Knight–Tay, who received the award on behalf of the Brand, was grateful to clients, partners and the audience worldwide.
She mentioned that the award ‘only means that we need to continue to do more.”
She promised that the Brand will continue to do more “because this job is not about us, it’s about the people. So for as long as we put them first and make them happy, then we are also happy.”
- Bagbin’s new look gets social media talking as Parliament resumes sitting
- Apeatse explosion: I wish I had died than to lose my son, 10 bedroom house
- Lands Ministry investigates alleged military assault on mining taskforce
- First female Brigadier-General in GAF dies
- Group pickets Parliament over E-Levy, vows to resist re-introduction
- Oppong-Nkrumah: Government will continue to engage on e-levy
- NDC MPs have washed our hands off the e-levy and its consequences if approved – Elizabeth Ofosu Agyare
- Special Prosecutor starts investigations into banking and financial sector crisis
- AFCON 2021: 8 people dead and over 40 injured in Olembe Stadium stampede
- Ten dead in a road accident at Savelugu
Bella Bello Bitugu resigns as Ghana’s Chef de Mission for Winter Games
E-levy Bill: Minority wants more consultation done before being tabled before Parliament
Peter Dinklage says ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ live-action remake is ‘backwards’
Adopt proactive conflict resolution mechanisms in addressing differences – Kan Dapaah urges MPs
Fire outbreak near BOST Accra Plains Depot destroys one salon car and a tricycle
Janet Jackson claims Michael called her a ‘pig, cow and horse’ in new doc
BioNTech to help establish vaccine production facility in Ghana – Akufo-Addo
Apeatse Explosion: Survivors likely to resort to unhealthy coping mechanisms – Psychiatrist
Disregard publication on mandatory ‘Akwaaba’ insurance – NIC
Assin Worakese Traditional leaders seize 450-acre land leased to Cocobod for Cocoa Research Station
‘I didn’t know Sadiq had a problem with me’- King Promise on 3Music’s blacklist
Fake ‘mallam’ jailed 5 years for fraud
Apeatse explosion: There must be seismic test to study extent of land fracture – Building consultant
It came as a surprise to me – KiDi confirms ‘Touch It’ remix
‘You mean the world to me’ – Van Vicker celebrates wife on 45th birthday