Cocoa regulator, Ghana Cocoa Board (COCOBOD), has agreed to continuously supply cocoa beans to Cocoa Processing Company to meet its operational demand, despite its loss position.
It has also decided not to demand for repayments of amounts due it in a manner that will jeopardize the operations of CPC.
As a going concern consideration captured in its 3rd Quarter Financial Statement, CPC said the directors have put in place measures to turn around the company and make it profitable in the near future.
The measures include cost cutting, investment in infrastructure and machinery as well as expansion in revenue base.
For expansion in revenue base, the company said it will secure additional tolling arrangement with relevant parties, improve visibility of Goldentree confectionery products to increase local consumption, introduce an instant drinking chocolate and introduce a wide array of new products in the confectionary market segment.
CPC registered a loss of $13.2 million in the 3rd Quarter of 2021, lower than the $18.6 million recorded during the same period last year.
Total assets stood at $162.2 million in the nine months of this year, as against $152.5 million in September 2020.
COCOBOD is the largest shareholder of CPC with a share of 57.73%, followed by Government of Ghana with 26.13% and the Social Security and National Insurance Trust with 10.14%.
- EC Chair and deputies file suit to halt impeachment proceedings
- We have moles amongst NPP MPs – Muntaka Mubarak
- GFA sacks Milovan Rajevac, management committee to be reconstituted
- Persons without proof of Covid-19 vaccination will not enter Parliament – Speaker
- E-Levy: We’ll pass it, Minority can’t do anything – Stephen Amoah
- Why Dede Ayew is trending on Twitter
- Three students of Ejisu SHTS stabbed in three separate incidents
- Mobile Money Association petitions Minority to reject E-levy
- Resignation of senior doctors at West Gonja Hospital sparks unrest among doctors
- Speaker has been asked to provide information on ambulance issue – Muntaka Mubarak
Vodafone Ɛɛkɔso promo rewards over 175,000 customers
New law to regulate transportation of explosives, mining industry in the offing – Akufo-Addo
Earning salary only manages poverty – Paul Mante
68.2% of households incomes decreased during peak of Covid -19 – GSS survey
Global Media Alliance bags IPR’s PR Consultancy of the Year Award
Access Bank staff support 12 schools with infrastructure and education materials
Nigerians sign petition to scrap English language test
Majorel enters Ghana, further consolidating its leading position in Africa
‘Andre and Jordan Ayew are still committed to the Black Stars’ – Fiifi Tackie
‘Household incomes incessantly reduced post-Covid-19’ – GSS
Biden to nominate first black woman to top US Court
Ghana is a key partner in deepening global, regional economic and security matters – US Secretary of State
Group re-appears with mats and pillows to picket Parliament over E-Levy
I spent 50% of my 8-year savings in 2 years – Family man recounts how he survived Covid-19
‘Ivory Coast is ready to challenge for 2023 AFCON’ – Patrice Beaumelle