Audio By Carbonatix
David Beckham has escaped injury after being involved in a car accident on a busy Los Angeles motorway.
Beckham's Cadillac was in collision with a vehicle which had broken down in the car-sharing lane, a California Highway Patrol spokeswoman said.
The 40-year-old driver of the other car was taken to hospital but was not seriously injured, she added.
Friday's accident took place on the southbound 405 Freeway shortly after 0900 (1600 GMT).
The spokeswoman said: "David Beckham was not cited or arrested."
Beckham was well enough to watch his former club AC Milan win the Italian title later on Saturday, saying on his Facebook page: "Just been watching my old teammates at Milan win the Scudetto.
"I want to congratulate them and everyone at the club for a great season. They deserve it..."
Former Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder Beckham, 36, has lived mainly in Los Angeles since joining Major League Soccer club LA Galaxy in 2007.
The former England captain, who has been capped 115 times by his country, was back in the UK recently as a guest at the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton.
Beckham's contract with LA Galaxy expires this year but he has expressed a desire to remain in the United States.
His wife, Victoria, is expecting the couple's fourth child - a daughter - this summer. They already have three sons.
Source: BBC
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Africa must become a destination for investment, not aid — Deputy Finance Minister
29 minutes -
Regulation by invoicing: Systemic flaws in NITA’s licensing push and threat to Ghana’s digital trust
33 minutes -
‘I’m sick and tired of this country’ – Ghanaian in South Africa pour out frustrations at meeting with Foreign Affairs Minister
57 minutes -
‘Mum’s dementia means I live in the moment with her’
1 hour -
Energy Commission champions Clean Energy Transition
1 hour -
International Day of the Boy Child marked in Accra
2 hours -
BoG losses will not recur at last year’s scale — Governor Asiama assures
2 hours -
Without trust, digital finance is just technology – BoG Governor
2 hours -
Mental disorders increase by 95.5% globally since 1990 – Study
2 hours -
See the areas that will be affected by ECG’s planned maintenance on May 25
2 hours -
Fire destroys six-bedroom house in Koforidua
4 hours -
Government deploys armoured buses disguised as VIP, STC and OA coaches to fight highway robberies
4 hours -
GES director raises alarm over 300 teacher deficits in the Asutifi North District
4 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Nii Ayetey Tagoe wins bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
6 hours -
FHU alumnus launches medical textbook
6 hours