Audio By Carbonatix
The South African national Team (Bafana Bafana players) and team management have reached a compromise at a meeting last night, regarding the players' incentives for this month's African Cup of Nations tournament in Ghana
Safa's initial offer to the players was on a sliding scale - R65 000 per player for the first round to R500 000 per player for winning the tournament. To make it more appealing, Safa has now spread the payment by increasing first round incentives while reducing payments for winning the title.
With this sensitive issue resolved, the players' focus can now shift to more important matters: representing their country.
Reports however confirmed that at no stage did the management have anything called a boycott, contractual dispute or anything of that nature.
Bafana captain Aaron Mokoena said: “The players are looking forward to the tournament. I cannot wait since everything is sorted out and we are looking forward to having a good one in Ghana".
Israel-based defender Tshepo Masilela has still not arrived after missing his flight. England-based midfielder Steven Pienaar was not there either. He had requested to report late so he could play for Everton against Chelsea. Safa has however asked Fifa to intervene.
Bafana coach Carlos Parreira said, “We are not against the player or the club, we are in favour of the national team and that is the big difference: if we do not create a principle or organise ourselves for now, we will have a problem going forward. People must understand that we are a country that will host the World Cup so we must prepare well”.
Meanwhile players will now be awarded caps for the friendlies against Mozambique and Botswana on Sunday and next Wednesday.
SOURCE: SABC NEWS
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Bank of Ghana reverts to previous Cash Reserve Ratio policy after scrapping it last year
2 minutes -
Ghana-eligible defender Beres Owusu signs permanent deal with Grazer AK
9 minutes -
A Super El Niño is coming: What does it mean for Ghana?
43 minutes -
Driving Schools Association pushes for mandatory driver training to reduce road crashes
46 minutes -
Climate change exists with or without humans — Youth advocate
1 hour -
Plastic waste driving flooding and climate concerns in Bamaahu — Youth Climate Reporter
1 hour -
This week on The Career Trail
2 hours -
My book was born out of university research – Mary Anane Awuku
2 hours -
“I stepped back from politics for my husband to continue the journey” – Sammi Awuku’s wife
2 hours -
Ghana will receive final IMF cash of US$318 million immediately after July board approval – Mission Chief
2 hours -
Arthur Legacy, CAA Base partner to educate players on transfers, branding
2 hours -
Midie: Children wade through mud daily to go to school
2 hours -
GN Savings and Loans case is not over – Banking consultant
2 hours -
Oh Why, Honourable Alexander Kwamena Afenyo-Markin?
2 hours -
MoGCSP inaugurates, swears in Technical Working Group for new National Plan of Action on elimination of human trafficking
2 hours